Post Your Record Storage Area

Ha, thanks guys! I've dabbled with other pipe based furniture, but this was my first real attempt at building something out to this extent. I was able to pickup everything at Home Depot. The wood is a pine based, 1x15x48 and went with 3/4 pipe.

might be worth your effort to make some kind of divider type book ends to place between the pipe and your records.  if there is any kind of pressure on the sides, your records are going to warp pretty quickly.

You're totally right. So the top bar actually catches the top of the record which helps distribute the weight on 3 sides. But still, too many records can causes issues and I have to be careful with it. A little stopper or end to help with the 4th side isn't a bad idea.

I have a few pictures of other similar projects if anyone's interested. A few lamps, a coffee table. All pipe based. - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dw8n9u0bsbhx3lf/AAD9d86xV_zmUJ-lDRcpfoG4a

Ignore my Crosley, I know it's ugly (I'm currently in the process of saving up for a real turntable and proper audio setup) I just wanted to show off a few new changes I've made this week  :) Went to WalMart and picked up this table (which is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!) for only $70, hung up some white Christmas lights, etc. I'm pretty proud of it!

12421767_184343641916052_188509742_n.jpg

tumblr_nzuzu2zIgr1ucqfhno1_540.jpg

Ignore my Crosley, I know it's ugly (I'm currently in the process of saving up for a real turntable and proper audio setup) I just wanted to show off a few new changes I've made this week  :) Went to WalMart and picked up this table (which is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!) for only $70, hung up some white Christmas lights, etc. I'm pretty proud of it!

12421767_184343641916052_188509742_n.jpg

tumblr_nzuzu2zIgr1ucqfhno1_540.jpg

The box of Kleenex on the bottom shelf makes it look like this is your beat station......

The box of Kleenex on the bottom shelf makes it look like this is your beat station......

Plus the camera...

The actual reason they're there is because I was cleaning my room and just placed them there to get them out of the way so I can grab them while I cry reading the "All Out War" story arc of The Walking Dead comics that is conveniently sat next to them. As for the camera and the candle (to set the mood, surprised nobody caught that) you've got me cold busted.

• jhulud locked this topic