Post Your Record Storage Area

I guess you are the dude that posted the crazy afi collection.

whats the deal with the chixdigit hanging up, anything special?

overall looks cool

Hehe, thanks! That would be me yeah :)

I put the chixdiggit CD up because I got it signed and I added KJ's strings and pics of me playing on his guitar. It was a fun night :)

peanutuk--That shit is tight. Do you build a lot of stuff? I used to built a lot of shit for skateboarding, and have some schemes drawn up for cool cabinets, but haven't gotten around to it. DYI FTW.

Thanks man :) I built a few cd cabinets for friends , they pay for the wood and i'll build it for free for them....thats about it really

I was shit at woodwork at school but i must've listened sometime ;)

My gawd. I can't resist posting on this thread.

Kinda funny that IKEA really nailed the record collector market with that damn shelf! When I worked at the South Philly IKEA I must have recommended that to at least 100 people. I kept telling the art department to put one on display with 12" covers in it and that I'd even supply the covers... did they do it? Of course not. Fuckers.

Kinda funny that IKEA really nailed the record collector market with that damn shelf! When I worked at the South Philly IKEA I must have recommended that to at least 100 people. I kept telling the art department to put one on display with 12" covers in it and that I'd even supply the covers... did they do it? Of course not. Fuckers.

ha, my local Ikea in town has the small 2x4 Expedit on display with empty generic dj sleeves in the compartments and on top of the shelf two turntables and a mixing desk. Vinyl collectors probably get the right idea from this

Haha! I was at that IKEA a little while back and they had like two LP jackets sort of randomly placed in one of their Expedits... I think one was an Eddie Money jacket and one was a Lionel Richie album...

The acrylic is working as a sound/vibration isolator. Had it custom cut and polished at a place that does bullet proof "glass" for all the packaged goods stores here in N. Philly! 3/4" acrylic (which is close to neutral in transmission) + 8 moongel drum head damper pads underneath it to suspend it above the 'table shelf. The moongel pads are made out of sorbothane, which is the same shit that is marketed for 20x the price as an "audiophile" isolation product. Works very well.

I had one made for each component; isolation is important for more than just turntables and CD transports.

-------

I am going back to that IKEA to burn it to the ground!

• jhulud locked this topic