Post Your Record Storage Area

• 3 weeks later...

[image]

here's my storage that i recently put together. i'm stuck putting the collection in my closet because i have no room for it anywhere else (used to be in crates on the floor)

top left - boxsets, extra sleeves, and mushrooms!

bottom left - lps from 60s-80s

top right - 7"s and 10"s

bottom right - lps from 90s-present

i just split them in half (so each shelf is alphabetical)

basically all the classic records are old used lp's i bought digging through the cheap section at resale shops. then the "new" side is mostly all stuff i've bought new either online or at shops that carry new releases

most of the old side is classic rock/progressive rock/some pop type stuff (pink floyd, black sabbath, rush, police, etc.) and the new side is mostly indie/metal/some punk i suppose

[My records are all on a shelf I bought from Staples. It has been great for me.

[image]

[image]

CDs A-R

[image]

CDs Middle, couple books and minidiscs, and dvds (and some shitty/awesome old jukebox singles I salvaged). Then R-Comps on the shorter rack.

[image]

The CD wall

[image]

I ended up with a hodge podge of metal CD racks from Atlantic. Each one is a different size and color. Sigh. Someday, I will buy some nice wooden shelves, but these are light, durable, and easy to move.

what made you go w/ KRKs for Monitors (i'm assuming for recording)?

mainly price. i wanted to go with the Yamaha HS80M's, however, they are $350 each.

i bought these KRK Rokit 8's on ebay from an authorized dealer during the 30% Microsoft Live Cashback promo that was running during Nov/Dec. i paid $499 for the pair, with the stands, and two XLR cables, shipped. after the 30% cashback (which i just got today actually) i paid $350 for the whole package, pretty good if you ask me =).

prior to these monitors, i had the old KRK Rokit 5's, which i though did a pretty good job for the money. so i felt pretty confident i would be stoked with the Rokit 8's and the new design.

and yes, i do use them for recording. i record on a hackintosh running logic studio, through a presonus firepod. overall, i am pretty happy with what we have been able to accomplish with this set up. here is a picture of the rest of the setup...for shits and giggles.

[image]

[image]

/end rant.

mainly price. i wanted to go with the Yamaha HS80M's, however, they are $350 each.

i bought these KRK Rokit 8's on ebay from an authorized dealer during the 30% Microsoft Live Cashback promo that was running during Nov/Dec. i paid $499 for the pair, with the stands, and two XLR cables, shipped. after the 30% cashback (which i just got today actually) i paid $350 for the whole package, pretty good if you ask me =).

prior to these monitors, i have the old KRK Rokit 5's, which i though did a pretty good job for the money. so i felt pretty confident i would be stoked with the Rokit 8's and the new design.

/end rant.

Killer, I read mixed reviews on them, at one point in time I had money for them (though that seems so far ago). just wondering how do ya for...I'm assuming you sold the KRK 5s?

that Orange Tiny Terror is one of the best sounding amps for it's price-tag I've heard in a while BTW

man...really really nice to your brother

i love the tiny terror. i bought the head and the 1x12 cab from some dude locally for $500. i was pretty happy about it.

haha yeah, my brother caught me on a good day i guess. he records more music than i do, so i knew he would put them to good use.

that Orange Tiny Terror is one of the best sounding amps for it's price-tag I've heard in a while BTW

man...really really nice to your brother

i love the tiny terror. i bought the head and the 1x12 cab from some dude locally for $500. i was pretty happy about it.

haha yeah, my brother caught me on a good day i guess. he records more music than i do, so i knew he would put them to good use.

killer for him man.

is that Alesis a midi-controller or a Digi-Synth?

prior to these monitors, i had the old KRK Rokit 5's, which i though did a pretty good job for the money. so i felt pretty confident i would be stoked with the Rokit 8's and the new design.

and yes, i do use them for recording. i record on a hackintosh running logic studio, through a presonus firepod. overall, i am pretty happy with what we have been able to accomplish with this set up. here is a picture of the rest of the setup...for shits and giggles.

[image]

[image]

/end rant.

now you're just showing off

[image]

[image]

/end rant.

That looks very expensice, you only need a new chair ;)

haha. i can take the pictures down if they are upsetting anyone ;)

it took me a long time to collect all of this gear, and one of the orange heads (the rocker 30) and the vox cab is actually my roomates.

that is the alesis micron (digi-synth), which i actually just use as a midi controller 99% of the time.

haha. i can take the pictures down if they are upsetting anyone ;)

it took me a long time to collect all of this gear, and one of the orange heads (the rocker 30) and the vox cab is actually my roomates.

that is the alesis micron (digi-synth), which i actually just use as a midi controller 99% of the time.

I thought that's what it was...one of my friends had that digi-synth....he wrote out this full Faint-esqu song on it had it all together I swear to everything holy that thing died/froze up 50 times while trying to record his song...I don't know if he had a bad one that needed to be returned or what. I remember asking him if it was normal for that thing to do that and him responding "...I need to sell this..."

• jhulud locked this topic