Post Your Record Storage Area

Being not-so-steady and a movable thing, does it ever cause jumping issues?

When I say not steady I more-so mean the type of effect a drawer has when you try to pull them almost all the way out. They start to sag down because there isn't much supporting it, you know. It's pretty old construction so the sliders it is on is pretty stiff so no there is no worries with movement/skipping when records are playing. I also have a 1x5 brown/black Expedit horizontally under my TV where I keep my 10's and thats probably where more 12's will go when I run out of room in that cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...
i've only been collecting since april...i'm happy with the size so far haha

[image]

The trick to increasing the amount of records you own ( and music you listen to for that matter) is used records. Flea Markets, thrift stores and hole in the wall used record stores are a gold mine.

flea markets and thift stores are a gold mine for garbage

• 3 weeks later...

The trick to increasing the amount of records you own ( and music you listen to for that matter) is used records. Flea Markets, thrift stores and hole in the wall used record stores are a gold mine.

flea markets and thift stores are a gold mine for garbage

How can someone with 6 copies of the same F-Minus record call anything garbage?

Guest lacesout

[image]

built this badboy for maybe $50, it's got a lot more records on the top shelf now and still no signs of bending. spray painted metallic green / silver, covered in stickers and xmas lights.

also holds mah dvdz

It seems like you're tempting fate with those giant speakers sitting overtop of your records.

How so?

And i'm also looking to down-grade due to the size of that unit. I'll probably buy something like user: reachforthesky has.

What if the shelf beneath them breaks and those enormous speakers come crashing down on your LPs?

How so?

And i'm also looking to down-grade due to the size of that unit. I'll probably buy something like user: reachforthesky has.

What if the shelf beneath them breaks and those enormous speakers come crashing down on your LPs?

If that wood could hold a TV as heavy as a boulder all those years i'm pretty sure it will hold two speakers which are much lighter.

• jhulud locked this topic