PO: Beck - Morning Phaze

Beck has some seriously good pressings on vinyl.  The Information is one of the best presentations and packages I've ever seen for a record.  Even his three singles this year where pretty damn impressive..... so I'd bet that we see a variant for RSD 2014 or something more elaborate than a single LP at a later date. 

But for now, my ass is content with new music....period!

Yeah, but 2LPs means they might be pressed at 45RPM and  $24 + shipping is a bit much for a single LP

Yeah I hear that.. but I buy almost all my records from my local indie shop so shipping doesnt affect me.  and really, a double 12" at 45 is great if the pressing is treated right.. most of the time its just BS marketing to get people to pay another $10 for $3 worth of cost to the label.

excited for this release and yeah, wouldnt be surprised if there was a RSD variant.. though, mutations and modern guilt only have black vinyl pressings, or did I miss something.

Yeah I hear that.. but I buy almost all my records from my local indie shop so shipping doesnt affect me.  and really, a double 12" at 45 is great if the pressing is treated right.. most of the time its just BS marketing to get people to pay another $10 for $3 worth of cost to the label.

excited for this release and yeah, wouldnt be surprised if there was a RSD variant.. though, mutations and modern guilt only have black vinyl pressings, or did I miss something.

My local shop is set to get this by February 25th. I'd assume that will be standard for any of you who may not know when your shop's set to snag it :)

You are correct about Mutations and Modern Guilt....AND Midnight Vultures.  They are all one black vinyl pressing (although Mutations had a 7 inch included).  But in Beck's defense, he has been pressing at 180 gram before it became a stamp of authority.  Both Mutations and Midnight Vultures were released around the height of CDs and the start of MP3s, so the fact that he had high quality vinyl at 180 gram during that era shows that the label was treating him like a long term artist.  I think with Modern Guilt, it was his last record under contract, so it got released fast.  In fact, I think he recorded Modern Guilt in less than two weeks with Danger Mouse....so Beck might have had his foot out the door when Modern Guilt was done.  I'm not even sure if he toured for it. 

I also remember reading that Beck didn't really have much to do with Odelay being re-pressed and expanded.  The label kind of forced it on him and he was wondering why they were giving it the expanded treatment after only 10 years.  Off topic, but interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Listened. Cant wait for the other album he is putting out this year because I am not really into this upon first listen

Yeah, not sure where the Sea Change comparisons come from. I loved his last album but I can't stomach this album at all. Blue Moon is probably my least favorite song he has done in the past 15 years.