PO: Kishi Bashi - Live on Valentine's (pic disc, dvd), /1000

Kishi Bashi is releasing a live album:  http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/kishi-bashi-live-on-valentines.html

Also comes with a DVD and digital download of audio/video.

Release date:  02/04/2014

Cost:  $25 + shipping

Tracklist:

1. Intro / Pathos, Pathos (Live)
  2. Wonder Woman, Wonder Me (Live)
  3. Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It! (Live)
  4. I Am The Antichrist To You (Live)
  5. It All Began With A Burst (Live)
  6. With Or Without You (U2 cover, Live)
  7. Manchester (Live)

Description:

Live on Valentine's is an audio / visual hybrid, limited to just 1000 hand-numbered copies, on deluxe picture-disc vinyl and DVD. Purchase includes instant MP3 download of the album, and HD download of the video (video link will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase). 

NOTE: "Live on Valentines" will not be released in any other format, so don't wait for the CD or iTunes download on this one. 

Last Valentine's Day, Kishi Bashi performed a sold-out show at Lincoln Hall in Chicago. The show took place halfway through Kishi Bashi's first ever headlining tour, in support of his debut album 151a. The energy was captivating - often moving audience members to tears. Literally. 

Relying largely on his voice, a violin, and a loop pedal, Kishi Bashi reinterpreted songs for a live setting, bouncing from intimate tracks like "I Am The Antichrist To You" and "Manchester", to the grand and playful "It All Began With A Burst". He even explored the still-under-construction "Philosophize In It! Chemicalize With It!" (which will be included on the upcoming sophomore album, details announced soon). Captured in high-quality audio and visual, the performance is being released just in time for Valentine's Day.

Check out a sample here:

• 3 weeks later...

I saw him this past October, and am seeing him again in March. He was so psyched to be there and to play his violin for us and have fun with his touring band. Plus, it was his first hometown show in Athens (he had just moved here), so everyone was going nuts, including K himself.

I'm definitely getting this next time I get paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone spun this yet? How does it sound?

I've only watched the DVD and his performance is absolutely incredible.

I took a listen and beyond a couple pops/crackles, it plays pretty well for a pic disc.  mine had too small of a hole (dunno if this was an issue with all or just mine/my turntable) so I had to use a blade to get it on there, but that was the only scary thing about this record for me :P  great performance

I made a video showing this, but not playing it unfortunately

I ended up watching the entire video and I actually just finished reading 1Q84 a few months ago after spending over a year reading it on and off.  I wish it never had to end.

Cool.  This is the last good book I read and I read it in 2012... hahah.  I should reread it.  my friend that I mentioned still hasn't finished it and finds the second part slow.  to me, Murakami could write about staring at the wall doing nothing and I'd read it though

Thanks for sharing!

No prob

Ugh, I wish I picked this with when it was available! I was initially on the fence but after listening to the album I am really liking it and would have loved to watch the DVD

Joyful Noise sometimes holds on to a few extra copies and releases them to regular/VIP members throughout the year.

• 1 year later...