2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Grant - well done. Six pages already. 

I skipped last year and am hoping for the same this time around. What a garbage dump of overpriced items destined for 99cent bins last time around was. The majority of RSD has always been pretty lame but it's gotten out of hand. 

Grant - well done. Six pages already. 

I skipped last year and am hoping for the same this time around. What a garbage dump of overpriced items destined for 99cent bins last time around was. The majority of RSD has always been pretty lame but it's gotten out of hand. 

Last year was the first year I skipped as well. Hoping for the same. Standing in line for records is dumb.

Why would you hope for releases/represses to be RSD affiliated, anyway? I'm hoping there's nothing of interest at all so I don't have to get up early on a Saturday and stand in line with a bunch of mouthbreathers who come out of hiding once a year, just so I don't have to pay eBay rates for the two things I want.

To stop the pushing, shoving and general piss taking my local shop lets in 5 at a time, who can buy 5 different records (1 of each), if they want more they have to rejoin the back of the queue.

All those who are there for the music are more than happy and have a chat in the queue

All those who are a pain in the arse go home sulking.

Why would you hope for releases/represses to be RSD affiliated, anyway? I'm hoping there's nothing of interest at all so I don't have to get up early on a Saturday and stand in line with a bunch of mouthbreathers who come out of hiding once a year, just so I don't have to pay eBay rates for the two things I want.

Alex, as always, bringing the knowledge.

To stop the pushing, shoving and general piss taking my local shop lets in 5 at a time, who can buy 5 different records (1 of each), if they want more they have to rejoin the back of the queue.

All those who are there for the music are more than happy and have a chat in the queue

This sounds like fucking heaven.

So the first five people have the wonka golden ticket?

Call me crazy but I didn't enjoy my RSD experience last year.  There were too many people and they were super pushy.  I go to my local record store all the time and have never dealt with people acting that way.  I'd almost rather deal with the crazy ass markups on e-bay than the stress of waiting in line and dealing with rude people.