2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Is it me or is bullmoose lagging on their preview video?

I think our last Bull Moose order left on Thursday, I don't remember hearing anybody picking and packing Bull Moose yesterday.  some of our titles arrived late which put us in a bind as far as packing and shipping.  hopefully everybody's stuff (at least from CIMS) is arriving soonish.  I know we tried to prioritize the larger orders and west-cost/over-seas so they'd have enough time to ship

My local store posted on facebook this week that there's a new rule this year stating any stores opening earlier than normal must notify RSD ahead of time or else they will be "in violation of their RSD pledge" and will not be able to participate in the future. They did a midnight opening last year, but now they have to open at 8:00.

We have the fortune of having at least 7 good stores around here. Only one actually opens at 8, the rest wait til 9 or 10. Showing up at the early one about 7 gets you in the first 10 or so people and then you can pretty much get to other stores as they open...it's pretty civilized really. Can't wait

What time are y'all heading out? I'm going to head out at 5:30!

Shop opens at 8, so I'll probably try to get there around 8:30-9:00. I really only want the Katatonia, and there are two or three others I'd consider. But my record shop is only going to have one of each in stock (of the albums I want). 

I'd rather not deal with a mad rush. If they're there when I get there, cool. If not, I'll just buy some non-RSD albums I wanted anyway. The only albums I'm actually drooling over this RSD aren't released in the USA.