2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Apologies if this has been asked and/or answered, but does anyone know if the R.E.M. Unplugged box on vinyl is an RSD-only item or if it will be available in vinyl in non-RSD later on?  I know it's being released later on CD, but from the press releases and articles I've seen, I can't tell if another vinyl version will be available later.  It's pretty much the only thing I'm super interested in so I'm trying to gauge whether I can skip RSD altogether . . .

I suspect it will be re-released later. This version is on clear, so a standard black later this year is possible. Plus it seems like such a small run for a brand new release for such a huge band.

I mean it's getting a CD/Digital release in May. It's possible it could be standard vinyl too but Rhino could be withholding that info so as not to cut into RSD sales.

It would be a shame of they only make 2500 copies of it.

An interesting read about one of my favourite stores in Toronto problems with RSD and why they aren't participating:

http://www.ilikegoodmusic.com/record-store-day-2014

That was a good read. I've always disliked stores like sunrise that just monopolize on every little thing they can. And it is said to see such an awesome thing like rsd being ruined like that.

Almost all the titles we got in are listed on our website (Not for sale, just to show what we will have at our shop in Lancaster, PA). Just got in a few new one that I'll add tomorrow, but most of it is up now:

http://bit.ly/1eE0qGM

All unsold items will be available online on Sunday. We're not holding records for anybody, so it's a true first come, first serve deal.

So am I correct in understanding that LCD Soundsystem "The Long Goodbye" is RSD first and there will be another pressing available on May 20? Just making sure that doesn't mean this is the only vinyl pressing and then it's out on cd/digital or something like that. If so I think I can skip the RSD price gouge on that one and get the regular version for less later. Sorry if it's been discussed before, this thread is long and wily.