2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

My store had a few copies. I think they pressed 3000 total so it shouldnt be too hard to find. I had no idea it was coming out and my fiancee grabbed it for us which was a nice surprise

Props to this member who has helped me out the last 3 RSD's and has never asked for a penny over cost. I never hesitate to give him a generous tip. Thanks Matt.

Sorry for Instagram quality: 

f9cf3f98c81f11e38e680002c9d722a0_8.jpg

Here's what I got:

Sunny Day Real Estate/Circa Survive - Lipton Witch/Bad Heart
Childish Gambino - Because the Internet
Joy Dvision - An Ideal For Living
One Direction - Midnight Memories/Rock Me
Real Estate - Atlas
Beach House - Teen Dream
La Dispute - Wildlife

All and all it cost me around $160, so it's a great score at a great price! I missed the Sky Ferreira picture disk and I'm kinda bummed about it but picture disk have bad quality anyways, and it's not like I can't get it on a normal format later. I passed up on the MGMT piece and the Katy Perry Piece but I did find them at the second location I went to, I missed out on The Space Project Boxset and the Paramore single and the Velvet Underground pressing though. All and all this was a great haul this year and I met many great people today and I wouldn't have the records I have without them.

I don't know if this has been asked but is the Liars RSD release the same as the one they sold on their site a couple of months ago? It looks identical. Thanks in advance.

I think that was the LP, and it had the string vacuum-sealed inside the cover. This is a 12" with 4 songs and it's got the string actually pressed inside the vinyl. (Actually, one piece is sort of poking through on my copy, makes the needle jump a little.)

Did the Tame Impala album not come with a download code?

Mine didn't. Guessing it came with a code in Australia but not in the US due to licensing stuff/digital rights/blah blah.