2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I have been told this by multiple people on the thread today while searching for purchases that I missed out on - so why can other people on the board do it and I can't? I only think it's fair that I do the same so I can afford other things that people are selling way above cost on the board. It's not like I am asking for ebay prices.

Becasue the point of this board is for it to be a refuge from EBay price gouging. I see no problem making a couple bucks but $45? C'mon

Becasue the point of this board is for it to be a refuge from EBay price gouging. I see no problem making a couple bucks but $45? C'mon

I feel sorry for the public ridicule, but this board's culture and ethics are pretty well-known to most posters. I guess people are free to ask whatever price they want and then we're free to poo-poo it.

Was able to snag a Childish Gambino today, man is it some beautiful packaging, haven't played it yet.

Was told there was only 1 Jay-Z/Linkin Park LP available and it was way gone by the time I got there  :( If anyone was able to pick up and extra I'd be very happy to have it cost +!! 

RSD started off terribly for me. Waited in line at Vacation Vinyl for an hour and a half and right before I was about to go in I had to leave and take my girlfriend to work. 

Then I went to Amoeba and ended up waiting in line for 4 fucking hours. Luckily there were still a few things I wanted but Amoeba's prices are ridiculous. I ended up just splurging a lot of non-RSD stuff at Backside records. 

RSD started off terribly for me. Waited in line at Vacation Vinyl for an hour and a half and right before I was about to go in I had to leave and take my girlfriend to work.

Then I went to Amoeba and ended up waiting in line for 4 fucking hours. Luckily there were still a few things I wanted but Amoeba's prices are ridiculous. I ended up just splurging a lot of non-RSD stuff at Backside records.

Backside is always a good stop. They probably didn't have RSD releases because Jeremy is in New York right now.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but apparently the Nirvana 7" was by far the most requested thing released today. My store only had one copy, which was kind of ridiculous, but I fortunately managed to snag it for a friend who was really wanting it (and they had it at $10 rather than some of the more ridiculous prices we were seeing).

Backside is always a good stop. They probably didn't have RSD releases because Jeremy is in New York right now.

They had a few actually but it was pretty misleading. Three boxes said "Record Store Day Exclusives" on them but only one of them actually had RSD exclusives in it haha. The other two were just various new releases. 

I grabbed the Set Your Goals Reset Reissue though. 

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but apparently the Nirvana 7" was by far the most requested thing released today. My store only had one copy, which was kind of ridiculous, but I fortunately managed to snag it for a friend who was really wanting it (and they had it at $10 rather than some of the more ridiculous prices we were seeing).

There were a ton of these leftover in my local stores, at around 10 as well. Didn't see hardly anyone after it

One store I went into at about 1pm had at least 20 copies of the Nirvana 7" maybe more. I wished there were that many SDRE 7's. I can't believe how much people are paying for those on ebay.

I'm a bit late the party (my RSD was yesterday because Australia) but I figured I'd post up my experience. This year was my first RSD, and even though I didn't score the releases I really wanted I still had fun. 

Things weren't crazy busy at my local stores, I rocked up half an hour before opening and was pretty much at the front of the queue at both. The first store did the menu thing which made it pretty easy. The second store let people in in batches of 20, then those 20 crushed around the small the table with the crates of RSD releases. It wasn't too bad I guess, but I much prefer the menu format than a free-for-all.

In the end I picked up:

Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time picture disc

London Grammar - Hey Now remixes

Anamanguchi - Scott Pilgrim OST

Camera Obscura - 4AD Session

Opeth - Watershed (didn't arrive on time, on order for next week)

Edit: obligatory photo

gDmFu9T.jpg