2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Just left with stuff for Justin (including Dads), an FR live because I read earlier that it was wanted and Demolicious. I can go back before I head back to NY. It's a quiet store so the three Dads copies may still be there. I would have loved to get more but funds are tight as I'm a college student.

Edit: I can go back and grab the DFDC too on my way back to NY Monday. It is $32 at Newbury Comics. The Dads EPs are $8. And they'll go to the people that claimed them here first if they are still available.

Justin, I'll PM you in a bit.

anyone claim demolicious?

Don't stress it, dude, I'm sure most of us are well aware of the stressed frazzledness that occurs during RSD, even when just looking for our own stuff.

Yeah man I couldn't even find my titles, let alone thoroughly search for someone elses, it's too chaotic... THE ARMS! EVERYWHERE... HANDS (SWITCHING PLACES) THE OLDER 40 year old GUYS WHISPERING, "GODDAMNIT, GODDAMNIT..." Heavy breathing, Constantly shouting out a title that no one can comprehend. etc etc

Man, I can't believe how much less busy all your record stores seem to be in the US. I turned up at 3.30 am, and was 62nd in line!

Still, I managed to grab Scott Pilgrim and FC2 Blood Dragon - The only two I really wanted.

Super regretting not buying the LP/JZ record though, and wishing that they had the Gambino record in the UK, but no such luck. 

Yeah man I couldn't even find my titles, let alone thoroughly search for someone elses, it's too chaotic... THE ARMS! EVERYWHERE... HANDS (SWITCHING PLACES) THE OLDER 40 year old GUYS WHISPERING, "GODDAMNIT, GODDAMNIT..." Heavy breathing, Constantly shouting out a title that no one can comprehend. etc etc

Haha, I was actually able to grab stuff for two friends of mine, although it helped that my store drastically improved their RSD set-up this year over last year (apparently based on some suggestions I had made to them earlier in the week!), but then another store I went two threw everything in three crates, mixed in a bunch of regular vinyl releases (hoping you'd buy them on accident thinking they were RSD releases, I guess?), and had everyone crowd around them all at once. The latter scenario is what I had to put up with to get Elephant last year, which I needed more than anything ever, so yeah, I'm well aware of the nightmarish hell experience Record Store Day can be. I really appreciate everyone on here who tries to grab something for someone else, it's a really cool thing to do.

I did not catch a glimpse of even one DCFC Live or Circa split. I thought those were pretty large pressings so why they weren't out in force, I can't fathom. Didn't see the Hillsong remix album either though I believe that's just an advance release for later this month. Still though, was their ordering that off?