2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Rev just sent out one-sheets for those three as well as four more titles they're distributing:

Rot In Hell - Ruined Empire LP - grey/black vinyl, ltd. to 400, $16.98 SRLP (Organized Crime)

V/A - Oi!: This Is Streetpunk, Vol. 4 LP - silver vinyl, $14.98 SRLP (Pirates Press)

Street Dogs/Noi!se - split CDEP/10-inch, colored vinyl, $7.98/$10.98 SRLP (Pirates Press)

Tim Timebomb And Friends - Mixtapes #1, #2 & #3 3xLP, gold vinyl, $24.98 SRLP (Pirates Press/Hellcat)

More info from Polyvinyl on their releases:

The Dodos Yours Truly Session 7" (ltd. to 1000 on yellow vinyl)

--> Two songs from The Dodos' latest full-length Carrier receive beautiful new arrangements with help from the famed Magik*Magik Orchestra.

of Montreal Jigsaw Puzzle 7" (ltd. to 1500 of seafoam green vinyl)

--> Recorded during the same sessions as of Montreal's acclaimed Lousy with Sylvianbriar, "Jigsaw Puzzle" is backed with an alternate version of "Triumph of Disintegration." Listen to the A-side via Stereogum.

of Montreal Satanic Panic in the Attic 2xLP (ltd. to 2000 on yellow/light blue vinyl)

--> This deluxe 10-Year Anniversary edition is re-mastered for vinyl and comes beautifully packaged in a gatefold jacket with expanded artwork plus a second disc containing seven additional tracks recorded during the same era.

Saturday Looks Good To Me Love Will Find You (ltd. to 500 on red vinyl)

--> Originally released as a CD-R and available at a single show in 2002, this "lost album" captured SLGTM's live sound at the time and highlights the group's knack for crafting rich and energetic arrangements heightened by male-female vocals.

Saturday Looks Good To Me Saturday Looks Good To Me (ltd. to 500 on blue vinyl)

--> Recorded entirely on cassette four-track, SLGTM's self-released debut album re-interprets the summery fun of Motown and Oldies radio through a murky crust of noise.

Xiu Xiu Unclouded Sky LP (ltd. to 1000 on cloud-colored vinyl)

--> Recorded at Sigur Ros's private studio in Iceland, Unclouded Sky explores themes of death and faith over the course of nine American and Caribbean spirituals from the mid-19th to early 20th centuries. Listen to the title track courtesy of Fader.

Xiu Xiu Unclouded Sky LP (ltd. to 1000 on cloud-colored vinyl)

--> Recorded at Sigur Ros's private studio in Iceland, Unclouded Sky explores themes of death and faith over the course of nine American and Caribbean spirituals from the mid-19th to early 20th centuries. Listen to the title track courtesy of Fader.

Damn, Jamie Stewart has been a busy guy.  This will be the 3rd Xiu Xiu release in about 6 months.  The first half of the sentence sells me and then the American/Caribbean spirituals part makes me weary.  I'll pick it up to keep my collection up to date, but this might be a weird one.

More stuff from Rev and affiliated labels:

Dads - Woman 7-inch, /1000, hand numbered, $6.98 SRLP (6131)

Up Front - Spirit LP, red vinyl, /700, $13.98 SRLP (Smorgasboard)

Up Front - What Fire Does 7-inch, grey vinyl, /300 (Smorgasboard)

Sick Of It All - Death To Tyrants LP, tri-color, /500, $15.98 SRLP (Think Fast)

Sick Of It All - Based On A True Story LP, tri-color, /500, $15.98 SRLP (Think Fast)

Poison Idea - Getting The Fear 7-inch, five different colors, /2000 (TKO)

For those of you up at 3AM on the East Coast, you are in for a treat.

new-vinyl.blogspot has been updated with EXCLUSIVE NEWS of releases by Tame Impala, Katy Perry, Genesis, Public Enemy, Ozric Tentacles, Wizard of Oz Soundtrack, Zombies, Thievery Corporation, School of Seven Bells, Mazzy Star, Korn, Lydia Loveless, Jerry Garcia, Rick James, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Garbage, Sky Ferreira, Cut Copy, Eric Church, Nick Cave, Blitzen Trapper, Bastille, the Animals, Joan Baez, Banks and more!