2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Just realized i have a final exam at 8am the same day. What cruel person schedules a final exam on a Saturday.

Dude that's no excuse. Talk to your professor to see if you can come in earlier in the week and take the test earlier. I've politicked like this before it works.

The only things I really want are the Cake box set (which at 900 copies I probably won't get and they'll probably release the albums separately later anyway) and the Soundgarden 5x10 box set, which will be available long after RSD just like the other Soundgarden RSD releases in the past.

The Dino Jr 7" box would be sweet too but I'll probably pass on it.

Im so unimpressed with RSD this year.  I really cant be the only person that feels this way.  Its the first time since RSD was launched that I will be sitting out. 

i just don't understand the need for people to keep saying this when the official list isn't even out yet. 

US RSD fans might want to check out this list of releases that have been officially announced. 

If you prefer to see the same list with cover art and links to more information go here

Enjoy,

Chris

Is there a reason the Johnny Cash reissue LP and Sun Records compilation LP were removed from your site? They were there previously.

Im so unimpressed with RSD this year. I really cant be the only person that feels this way. Its the first time since RSD was launched that I will be sitting out.

There is only one thing I really want and a couple of things that sound cool, but I won't be sad if I miss. Huge difference from the previous years of 10+ items on my must have lists, but I'm not really unimpressed. There are some cool things, just not my things. And having a year break definitely sounds appealing to me. I'll still be going out, as I usually get together with friends and hang out and have a good time, so it's not a huge deal for me that the list isn't full of must haves this year, but I do understand where you're coming from.

That number will be 0... Unless you find a shady record store that doesn't follow the rules or a big name store that takes "orders" but only fulfills what they have left a few days after RSD.

My local stores will often take requests for some of the pricier sets, because they will not order multiple copies of $80 box sets without knowing there is interest. That's pricey inventory to have sitting around if no one wants them. I think they got burned with the Flaming Lips Heady Nuggs set a few years ago and know better now (none of them got Zaireeka or any of those pricey Black Friday boxes [the Beatles singles, Nirvana singles, etc] that you still see floating around).

Based on one of my local shop's recent posts, I guess there's going to be a Katatonia release? I might be interested in that, but I haven't found out anything about it yet. 

Other than that... there's nothing that really caught my eye. I already have Jupiter, otherwise I'd be looking at Cave In. The Flaming Lips 10" would be cool, and I think there was another 7" or 10" I'd consider, but those aren't worth going to the shop for.