2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I wish I was a Flaming Lips fan, because they know how to milk the shit outta this day.

I think Warner is just as guilty. For me, it started when the Heady Nuggs boxset came out and they overproduced (6500 copies) and then released 1000 on colored vinyl on RSD sold only through Flaming Lips' website.

That to me was a big "fuck you" to all the stores that got the set in stock, when they subvert them to sell direct to consumers.  Basically misses the whole point of what RSD is about.

Based on one of my local shop's recent posts, I guess there's going to be a Katatonia release? I might be interested in that, but I haven't found out anything about it yet. 

It's 6 tracks. From what I've read it looks like it will consist of b-sides from The Great Cold Distance and, I think, Night Is the New Day.

The Far Cry Blood dragon ost will be on PINK vinyl (300 pressed) and will cost €34. That's the info that my record shop owner could give me.

According to the following article, Far Cry is limited to 1000 copies: http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/13/invada-to-release-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-soundtrack-for-record-store-day/

Invada just posted this article via their Facebook-account.

According to the following article, Far Cry is limited to 1000 copies: http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/13/invada-to-release-far-cry-3-blood-dragon-soundtrack-for-record-store-day/

Invada just posted this article via their Facebook-account.

It's 1000 worldwide, with only 300 reserved for the United States.  So that leaves 700 for the rest of world which could break out into this maybe:

300 for UK

300 for Europe

100 for ??? (Japan/Australia maybe?)

I wish I was a Flaming Lips fan, because they know how to milk the shit outta this day.

Not even milking, they have a guy who tends to do all their work by hand. He's also a working musician called, New Fumes. Doing each record with funky colors can take a toll and it's not like this is Warner Bros putting their music out for RSD. Everyone's gotta get paid, there's a reason why not every band participates in RSD. Wayne Coyne keeps it real and it's easy to tell he just loves doing it for the music/fans. (come on, he became a millionaire a long time ago with do you realize and this dude is still trucking visiting local record shops to sign art shit!) that's rad

Wayne Coyne keeps it real and it's easy to tell he just loves doing it for the music/fans. (come on, he became a millionaire a long time ago with do you realize and this dude is still trucking visiting local record shops to sign art shit!) that's rad

Yea, keeping it real peddling $200 chocolates.

Is there a reason the Johnny Cash reissue LP and Sun Records compilation LP were removed from your site? They were there previously.

I hate to sound like a politician but I can't confirm or deny anything about those two releases. You will know on 3/20 whether or not they will be available in the US. I don't know the dates when we will hear about other territories, btw.

You might notice other anomalies if you look closely. We did recently remove some titles at the request of the label. Wires got crossed somewhere so a bunch of stores, including the one where I work, thought it was OK to list things that the label wished hadn't been listed. I don't know what happened. All I know is that the label needed us to handle their stuff differently. RSD is a big collaboration between many parties, so naturally we respect each others' wishes without requiring a lot of explanation.

Hey Bull Moose. Wait time should show up? And I was planning on Middle St. Should I go to Scarborough though?

First RSD in ME.

Welcome to Maine. Did you just move here or will you be just visiting? Perhaps you are percussion tech for Blue Oyster Cult, who will be in town that night.

Either store will be just as good in terms of finding what you want. Mainers are pretty chill, so don't worry about fighting people for what you want. I'd get there about an hour early if you can't live without a low-quantity release by a very popular artistic if you want to hang with other collectors. It's really fun to be outside the store before we open.

Keep your afternoon free. We are working on some pretty awesome events.

I already have Jupiter, otherwise I'd be looking at Cave In.

This is being pressed as a LP + 12" according to Hydra Head.  I'm not sure if they're adding additional content (maybe the extra tracks from the 2CD tour edition?) or what.  I'm going to pick this up either way, but I'd love some supplement material.

I love the Lips, but at this point I'm limiting myself to studio albums only.  I can't afford to keep up with them.

I believe he was just demonstrating that there is indeed hype and a stir for the album. Unless he tossed in a degrading insult that I'm missing, I don't see why you'd be taken aback or otherwise offended.

Exactly. Was just trying to help him out and show him more information about it