HydraHead TEST PRESSING SALE

andi

Curious to see how many of those will end up at eBay...

These will if anyone wants anything before they go up there.

They will all eventually be on discogs or eBay but at 10% higher.

I've subtracted 10% from all prices since that's what eBay would charge if they sold there. I will also ship media mail in the US for free or credit any other shipping $3.50.

If you think these are overpriced, don't buy them. I'm in no hurry.

If you don't trust me, I will do a private sale on eBay but each item will cost 10% more.

If you want more info about the quality of a particular item, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0GtJ6jwUlYdHU2eXZmZWl2bmZvN0dVdlRHdnlNUEE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

These will if anyone wants anything before they go up there.

They will all eventually be on discogs or eBay but at 10% higher.

I've subtracted 10% from all prices since that's what eBay would charge if they sold there. I will also ship media mail in the US for free or credit any other shipping $3.50.

If you think these are overpriced, don't buy them. I'm in no hurry.

If you don't trust me, I will do a private sale on eBay but each item will cost 10% more.

If you want more info about the quality of a particular item, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am0GtJ6jwUlYdHU2eXZmZWl2bmZvN0dVdlRHdnlNUEE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

According to that list looks like you bought the "MEGA TEST PRESS COLLECTION" for $2,500.00 and now you are willing to sell piece by piece for a total of $5,995.00

Thanks for being so nice

"The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell." - Confucius 

i don't care what you sell your records for (tho for the record i wouldn't buy for those prices anyway lmao), but did you seriously just quote Confucius as your reply? take your pop philosophy and hydra head tests and get back to your malcom gladwell book ;)

I don't see a huge issue with buying wholesale and selling with a markup to make profit. Every store you shop at does it. It immediately becomes bad when it comes to records. It's not like he bought some records at hot topic and is flipping them when they sold out.

How many people were honestly rushing to drop 2500 bucks on this? You'd be crazy to buy that and not try to make something off of it. Pretty big investment.

I don't see a huge issue with buying wholesale and selling with a markup to make profit. Every store you shop at does it. It immediately becomes bad when it comes to records. It's not like he bought some records at hot topic and is flipping them when they sold out.

How many people were honestly rushing to drop 2500 bucks on this? You'd be crazy to buy that and not try to make something off of it. Pretty big investment.

not sure if i agree with your logic, but tbqh yeah i don't have a problem with it either, it is sadly inevitable, and at least not as bad as discogs has become. and obv i've overpaid for plenty of records and have also been paid more than i initially spent, but personally from the two posts he's made the guy seems like a douche, but yeah its pretty impossible to bitch about this guy and not be a hypocrite. 

i for one just can't help but laugh at how much second rate philosophy gets thrown around the internet in quotes just like that by people who don't understand relevancy or communication. of course its going to be the guy with 2 posts trying to sell his 2.5k hydra head collection who thinks dropping a quote is some sort of reply (and i can't even tell if he was being ironic, sarcastic, or just misusing it). and to make a terrible generalization, its always the white guys who go around quoting Eastern philosophy instead of actually taking it to heart. 

in any case, laaaaaaaaaame post. 

(OP's post that is, not the one quoted above) 

I bought a condo two and half years ago as a short sale while the market was at it's lowest point.

I put offers on 30+ condos and was repeatedly underbid by investors with cash. Despite my higher bids, banks were taking less money from those with cash as opposed to losing more money by selling to a first time buyer with a traditional loan. Which, at the time, was considered very risky due to the high amount of people defaulting on their loans. The majority of these cash buyers were buying the properties to upgrade a couple items then wait a few months to resell the properties once the stock of short sale properties had been depleted.

I was pretty much being forced to lower my affordable range so the money I had saved as a down payment registered as a higher percentage when compared to my newly lowered price range. In the city I live in, this difference in price range would have relegated me to living in a neighborhood where it was quite unsafe for me to walk around in at night.

It pissed me off that people with money could just come in and swoop up these properties and force me into a crappy neighborhood with no intention of ever living in them while I was looking to purchase a place I may be living in the rest of my life.

When compared to this, buying records to make a profit like people buy antiques, baseball cards, comic books, art, etc. doesn't really seem like a big deal to me. After all, record collecting is a hobby right?

I'm also aware that this long boring story about me buying a condo would be about as effective at changes someone's mind in regards to those who buy records to profit off of as me simply responding with a sarcastic Confucius quote.

Sports cards are a hobby. They are a picture on cardboard, perhaps an autograph. They are our heroes as kids. They do not talk to me, they do nothing but collect interest.

To me, collecting records is playing songs by my favorite bands. It's not a hobby to me. Being a fan of music isn't a hobby. It's all different, but I dont collect variants. If someone snatches 10 remaining records, and I miss out, I'm outta luck. But if that record I could of had is now selling 50% higher when they have 10, I'm gonna be upset.

I appreciate the backstory. It makes you more 'human' than a dude with two posts. One, a robotic sell. The other a quote.

I bought a condo two and half years ago as a short sale while the market was at it's lowest point.

I put offers on 30+ condos and was repeatedly underbid by investors with cash. Despite my higher bids, banks were taking less money from those with cash as opposed to losing more money by selling to a first time buyer with a traditional loan. Which, at the time, was considered very risky due to the high amount of people defaulting on their loans. The majority of these cash buyers were buying the properties to upgrade a couple items then wait a few months to resell the properties once the stock of short sale properties had been depleted.

I was pretty much being forced to lower my affordable range so the money I had saved as a down payment registered as a higher percentage when compared to my newly lowered price range. In the city I live in, this difference in price range would have relegated me to living in a neighborhood where it was quite unsafe for me to walk around in at night.

It pissed me off that people with money could just come in and swoop up these properties and force me into a crappy neighborhood with no intention of ever living in them while I was looking to purchase a place I may be living in the rest of my life.

When compared to this, buying records to make a profit like people buy antiques, baseball cards, comic books, art, etc. doesn't really seem like a big deal to me. After all, record collecting is a hobby right?

I'm also aware that this long boring story about me buying a condo would be about as effective at changes someone's mind in regards to those who buy records to profit off of as me simply responding with a sarcastic Confucius quote.

yeah, i agree that record collecting is pretty cheap compared to most other collecting/hobby related things, and if you're raking in enough cash you can easily afford to drop crazy money on ebay records. its a good point and i can understand how you feel that way. and yeah its pointless to get upset about people reselling records because that is the nature of the beast and you will just end up expending a lot of negative energy on something meaningless. buy the records, don't buy the records, w.e, this is true. 

that being said, a message board is slightly different than ebay and discogs despite being arguably a better way to sell, if you go on and make post that is an immediate sell and has a vaguely defensive tone you will probably end up with at least one or two people ridiculing you. just a proper introduction and 'ill work with prices' even if you wouldn't probably would've gone a long way lol. maybe i am wrong here and i am just a dick, but i think others probably feel the same. 

in any case i feel i am the true loser for being antagonistic on the internet, which is something i generally need to not do. i mainly just don't really care for Confucius quotes. so that's all i have to say about that. 

Lol at the dude on the last page who doesn't know what "wholesale" is.

I was more equating the situation to buying a large, expensive stock of something  at a fairly discounted rate and selling it for a profit. I know what he is doing isn't exactly the same, but it loosely follows along the same lines. 

Someone flipping a record doesn't get me all worked up.  It's inevitable and something we all have to deal with in this hobby (and I'm guessing most hobbies that involve limited editions and what not).

It does annoy me when people try and do it here and even more so when the seller tries to come off as a nice guy by 'trying to cut us a deal since he's eliminating the middle man (eBay)'.  If he wants to drop $2500 and try to make a profit, whatever.  I can't do anything about it besides not support it, but keep that shit away from here and stop pretending like you're doing us a 'favor'.

I sorta get the whole "Being a fan of music is not a hobby, it's a way of life" but that argument falls flat when it comes to test presses. You can buy every single one of those records for less than what Mista Raws is charging for the tests. If you were only buying vinyl for the music, you'd only be buying straight from the label and wouldn't have any reason to be spending 3-5 times as much money for a white label copy with no or limited artwork.