AVAILABLE NOW! Damascus - Heights (Sly Vinyl Records) (FFO: Caspian, Russian Circles etc.)

PURCHASE NOW! http://store.slyvinyl.com/

For SVR03, I'm very excited to say, that the album will be none other than Damascus' Heights!!!!!

522457_589903791097075_1316796914_n.jpg

Released in July of 2013, Heights ended up on MANY "Top" lists for 2013. From post-rock loving lists to all-around lists, this album saw great reviews and we're excited as ever to be a part of the FIRST EVER tangible form of music from these guys!!

100% meant to be on vinyl, this album traverses 5 tracks, and almost 40 minutes of music, that blends together perfectly. Heights was put together with the highest possible sound quality available. There were ZERO short cuts taken here.

Keeping with the way we do things here at Sly Vinyl, you'll be getting these features:
- Limited to 500: 200 on Black/White A Side B Side w/ Silver Splatter & 300 on Ultra Clear w/ Black Haze
- 180g-200g vinyl
- Hand Numbered
- Heaviest Cardboard Sleeve Available
- Black Anti-Static Poly Inner Sleeves

BUNDLES WILL BE AVAILABLE!

Pre-orders will be up next week!

This is strictly limited to 500 copies with NO plans to repress in the near future. Once these leave our HQ, it will be a piece of history!! :)

You can check out the album, in it's entirety, from Bandcamp here: http://damascusnj.bandcamp.com/

As always, thanks for checkin' in!!!!!!

PS We will be going through many upgrades throughout 2014 so be sure to stay connected with SlyVinyl.com!!

Sly_Vinyl-Fox_Logo-type-2.jpg

Was kind of torn on which variant to spring for, since they both look awesome. But then I reminded myself that Sly Vinyl is putting this out, and they deserve every dime. One of each for me. Great release, great label.

Word. I may do the same if funds permit.

So I'm on my phone and can't listen .... Are these guys more like Caspian or Russian Circles? I love Caspian but I tried listening to Russoan Circles today and it was a bit too metal for me

Word. I may do the same if funds permit.

So I'm on my phone and can't listen .... Are these guys more like Caspian or Russian Circles? I love Caspian but I tried listening to Russoan Circles today and it was a bit too metal for me

I'd call them a healthy midpoint.  I don't think they're as ambient as Caspian, or achieve the same level of beauty that some of their soundscapes do.  But they're also not as gritty and dark as Russian Circles.  That's not to imply that they completely lack the things that make these bands great.  Heights is exceptionally melodic, refreshing, and hard-hitting all at once.  If you're strapped for time, but are at least able to sample it, I'd probably suggest that you play the title track for an accurate taste of what the EP offers.

I'd call them a healthy midpoint.  I don't think they're as ambient as Caspian, or achieve the same level of beauty that some of their soundscapes do.  But they're also not as gritty and dark as Russian Circles.  That's not to imply that they completely lack the things that make these bands great.  Heights is exceptionally melodic, refreshing, and hard-hitting all at once.  If you're strapped for time, but are at least able to sample it, I'd probably suggest that you play the title track for an accurate taste of what the EP offers.

Spot on Derek!

Hopefully they don't botch those variants too bad.  A crappy grey-marble would be a huge bummer.

If anything, I expect that /200 to look even crazier when it's in-hand. That's the toughest one to gauge since the process is so insane. It's the exact same process, from the same plant, that created Caspian's Blood Gold Splatter of Tertia as well as ITTCT's Swamp Splatter for Above the Earth. If you recall those, you know what I mean :P

If anything, I expect that /200 to look even crazier when it's in-hand. That's the toughest one to gauge since the process is so insane. It's the exact same process, from the same plant, that created Caspian's Blood Gold Splatter of Tertia as well as ITTCT's Swamp Splatter for Above the Earth. If you recall those, you know what I mean :P

Definitely.  That blood-gold splatter Tertia is a beauty.  Can't wait to see how these turn out.

These are some truly phenomenal individuals. That cover photo is actually from the Space Needle in Seattle taken by the drummer Brendan. He also did all the artwork specifically for this release. They even did the center labels. It's a pure piece here. I will say that!

Just a heads up!

If you want to follow this thread, I'll be sure to get a post up just before, or at the moment, that we put this release up for pre-order. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of things so this would be one way to get the info fairly quickly.

We might even have a date and time posted prior as well. Regardless, the news will come through here, as well as other mediums, as soon as we have it!!

Just a heads up!

If you want to follow this thread, I'll be sure to get a post up just before, or at the moment, that we put this release up for pre-order. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep track of things so this would be one way to get the info fairly quickly.

We might even have a date and time posted prior as well. Regardless, the news will come through here, as well as other mediums, as soon as we have it!!

Sounds good