AVAILABLE NOW! Damascus - Heights (Sly Vinyl Records) (FFO: Caspian, Russian Circles etc.)

Oh man, I wanna get the bundle but the shop doesn't ship to Israel... bah.

Can it get fixed in time for me to get the bundle? I gotta go for a few hours.

forbenator: will it be possible to keep one bundle on the side for me please?

I'll add israel right now and you can get one. Added, all yours.  Thx

I have no idea what shipping will be, but last one to that area cost me $23 for first class intl so add a couple to pack, ship and get insurance.

Thanks,

NOTE ON SHIPPING

... we can't bring down the shipping just yet. It has to do with many aspects that are outside of our control. The pressing plant is in SF, CA Loděnice, Czech Republic, and then the records were shipped to SF, CA (this cost was huge) and we must get every piece delivered to Denver, CO where we have to put these together with only a few hands. From shipping to you guys, to the mailers themselves, to the tracking/insurance... it all adds up.

The perils of Pirates Press.

Hey Scott,

Can you just clarify for me that the code is Re-usable? Or a one time use?

Haven't seen it explicitly stated by you or Ryan yet, and the wording is ambiguous

I saw this too, but still wasn't 100% certain that it meant all of us early supporters got a lifetime coupon code or what? You know?

Thanks everyone!

Thanks!

It is not an unlimited code. It's won't expire but can only be used once.

But it is for your entire order, so you can nab a few things and it will go towards them all.

btws I'll try to check back here often, but Sly is just a project I do for fun and the regs job is busy today. If you need some answers It might be faster to hit me up on email at [email protected] or use our form on the store - http://store.slyvinyl.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks again for all the support and spreading the word. About half the stores stock is already gone and Testies sold out. Thanks again for helping make this dream a reality. 

Also I welcome all suggestions and constructive criticism, it's the only way to get better so feel free to email me your thoughts at [email protected]

Keep Spinnin,

Scott

It's not. It was made specifically for "any orders of upcoming vinyl we will press" to quote the email. I love these guys.

It is not an unlimited code. It's won't expire but can only be used once.

But it is for your entire order, so you can nab a few things and it will go towards them all.

Thanks for the clarification Scott!

btws I'll try to check back here often, but Sly is just a project I do for fun and the regs job is busy today. If you need some answers It might be faster to hit me up on email at [email protected] or use our form on the store - http://store.slyvinyl.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks again for all the support and spreading the word. About half the stores stock is already gone and Testies sold out. Thanks again for helping make this dream a reality. 

Also I welcome all suggestions and constructive criticism, it's the only way to get better so feel free to email me your thoughts at [email protected]

Keep Spinnin,

Scott

i have ideas for things id like you to press! bands i know.

That shipping cost will have to eventually come down in the future, Forbes. It's a serious concern that you should pass along to the uppers.

Having gone with the bundle, the price breaking down to $21 per LP isn't too terribly bad. And you have to keep in mind that the finer details are going into this release - 180 gram weight, sturdy gatefold, numbering, and so on. Not to mention the cause is a great one. Even though $26.50 PPD is steep for a single LP, there's no way Sly Vinyl is laughing their way to the bank. These are good dudes taking their own time and spending their own money to bring us a limited run of some great music. Not your average Amazon pre-order.

Quality costs $. Life. And everything in Derek 's second paragraph, bolded and underscored. Props to Scott, Ryan, and all at SlyVinyl.

That postal insurance cost built in there, however, is de facto the burden of the seller (who has to guarantee delivery) even if the seller gives the option explicitly to the buyer up front to pay or not pay for insurance. But even in situations of lost or damaged goods - from others' ebaY experiences in another collectible market I was very active in - the buyer will win every time with PP, even if the seller can prove the buyer declined the insurance to 'assume the risk.' Seller assumes the risk and can ask the buyer to bear it.

But as we've seen here, several have opted out of a limited record purchase because of $2.50.

The market at work.

79 notifications - I can unfollow this thread

Was scratching my head at this too.

Yeah I mean perfect world Ryan would hand you the record himself and tell you how thankful we are and USPS wouldn't get to take us all for a bunch of monies, but I've yet to work that process out. It would be hilarious to give away a test press in a publishers clearing house style where we show up at your door with it and a film crew and watch us vinyl dudes jump around screaming like kids. hmmmm Idea for the future maybe... 

tumblr_mvjs9sXOId1r3yxp8o1_400.gif

Yeah I mean perfect world Ryan would hand you the record himself and tell you how thankful we are and USPS wouldn't get to take us all for a bunch of monies, but I've yet to work that process out. It would be hilarious to give away a test press in a publishers clearing house style where we show up at your door with it and a film crew and watch us vinyl dudes jump around screaming like kids. hmmmm Idea for the future maybe... 

tumblr_mvjs9sXOId1r3yxp8o1_400.gif

Go Go Gadget Turntables!

Scott is a solid individual, as with everybody here at Sly! We've got over 20 writers from around the globe supporting the progress with ZERO cash being flowed their way; myself included! We do this cause we love it. From the articles to the record releases themselves. It's nothing but pure, loving support... every which way you look at it!! :)

I hope you all enjoy the effort. We do it because we know the love for vinyl - and, of course, we love you! :)