AVAILABLE NOW! Damascus - Heights (Sly Vinyl Records) (FFO: Caspian, Russian Circles etc.)

That's the only thing that makes sense.

This should have been expected since it was advertised as a one time pressing of 500. Imagine the shitstorm if there were jackets numbered 1-200 and then 1-300, and just one of them ended up in the wrong pile. Then there are two #69s for one of the variant and we'd make an even bigger fuss. 

GET THE FUCK OVER IT, ITS A NUMBER ON A PIECE OF CARD STOCK. IT HAS NO VALUE.

^this again

i ordered the San Angelus tin box CD special order  and Kim K. who is doing the individual hand stamping said he would start at 99 for the first order and work his down to the last one getting 1...or 0? i got 95.

looking forward to this showing up soon!

GET THE FUCK OVER IT, ITS A GOD DAMN NUMBER ON A PIECE OF CARD STOCK. IT HAS NO VALUE.

This release is gorgeous. In every way. Sly hit a home run with this release so this statement knocks my socks off. (Meaning I love it)

"I'm not asking for a refund or anything..."

Oh my. Oh my that that line even was said.

spinning this now! sounds good, but the bass seems a little high. anyone else experience this?

Just at first, but I wouldn't have noticed without your post. I run Denon TT, Marantz 2270 receiver, and replaced my old Cerwin Vegas with Polk 4 ways (no sub). I've been addicted to the loudness button since 1982, so popped it off and turned up the volume, left the bass EQ in the  middle, and still sounded weak. I turned it up a couple notches and it was OK.  Went back down on the volume and pushed the loudness button back in. Sounded fine the rest of the album. My daughter liked it (had not shared with her before), after that boom intro and the piano raindrops, she was fully engaged, gave it a 9/10 on the first pass. She wanted a little more keys but that is her instrument. 

Minimal to no grit on the Haze variant, easy clean, just slight surface noise on the first 10 to 15 seconds (I use a carbon fiber brush and blue anti-static gun as well after cleaning, since my wife keeps the humidity way down).  Another cleaning and it should be perfect. Best Haze variant in a LONG time.

Got mine today, beautiful.

#298 Clear

#345 Splatter

#297 Clear Haze

#344 Splatter

must be legit :) 

props to Forbsie, Scott, Damascus and all involved in this superb production!

• 1 month later...

hey forbenator, just wondering if there is a tentative date the tests will ship?

Hey there! Sorry for the delayed response!! Real life has been pretty damn hectic in the past month. Busyyyyyy

So, the tests are being worked for sure. We definitely have them. It's more a matter of the screen printing finishing up which Scott has taken care of and is under way. As I'm sure you may have heard, a bunch of these records (roughly 100+) are possibly lost in transit thanks to the USPS. We're trying to figure out what's up with that too... so these variants may actually become much more rare.

Scott's out of the office and on vacation right now. I'm off w/ work until Wednesday. We're all pretty much locked up in real life busy-ness. As soon as I have a better word on things I'll get that out to you guys ASAP!

Thanks again everybody!

• 4 weeks later...

hey forbenator, just wondering if there is a tentative date the tests will ship?

TEST PRESS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got ahold of Scott yesterday to see where things were at. He said he'd sent them to Damascus already and was waiting for the return shipment of signed goods! Jackets are completed. I've yet to see photos... but from what he had to say... WELL WORTH THE WAIT WE'VE ALL ENDURED! :D

...SO!.. I texted Edwin (from Damascus) and he did confirm that they've got 'em and they're about to be heading back over to the SlyVinyl HQ in Denver SOON! The band has been in the studio finishing up their latest record so it's been absurdly busy for them all!

Long story short... these should be out to you in the near future!

In summation: We truly CANNOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH for your patience in this. This particular type of creation is brand new for us and required a LOT of coordination to complete. We hope that the end product satisfies you all. These will be some truly special gems within your collections/archives!!