AVAILABLE NOW! Damascus - Heights (Sly Vinyl Records) (FFO: Caspian, Russian Circles etc.)

Gotta be honest guys, I'm a little bit bummed that the numbers seem to have nothing to do when the orders were placed like it was for SVR01 & 02

I tried for one of the test presses THE MINUTE that this hit the web, and came up short and figured "oh well, i'll still get a low number"

Not only did I get nowhere near a low number, I've got numbers above what we were told was pressed.

I got #190 and #453 (bought the bundle)

I thought we were told the pressings 200 for the Black & White A Side / B Side with Silver Splatter and 300 for the Clear with Smoke?

Were all the jackets just numbered 001-500 and then randomly grabbed when the order was placed?

Aside from that nit picking, the records themselves look and sound great! 

I'd assume it's entirely random.  My clear-haze is #36, but my black-white mix is #476.  I definitely ordered within the first minute of it being online... but if we're being honest, I can't say I care all too much.  My copies look stunning, and I'm very pleased with them.  I'm also willing to bet that Scott was hustling just to get these things out, considering their delay, and synchronizing the numbered copies with the received orders may have taken too long.

I'd assume it's entirely random.  My clear-haze is #36, but my black-white mix is #476.  I definitely ordered within the first minute of it being online... but if we're being honest, I can't say I care all too much.  My copies look stunning, and I'm very pleased with them.  I'm also willing to bet that Scott was hustling just to get these things out, considering their delay, and synchronizing the numbered copies with the received orders may have taken too long.

Totally. I'm not asking for a refund or anything.

It's just that it was kinda implied that an early order got a low number. 

It might just change the urgency in which I place an order for future releases if there's no correlation between order time and number received. Neither variant immediately sold out.

lol its a number

Yes. but we've been told this:

We strive to ensure that the earlier orders get a respective number to reflect the timing of their purchase. This will consistently happen from here on out. 

... and they nailed it for the SVR02 release. They even changed shipping procedure to ensure this for the customers.

Maybe the whole pressing is numbered /500

This is the most reasonable explanation. The jackets were printed, numbered #1-500, then the first 200 were sent to be packaged with the more limited variant and the remaining 300 were sent to be packaged with the less limited variant. 

Lowest-number scenario possible is somebody got #1 and #201. 

GET THE FUCK OVER IT, ITS A GOD DAMN NUMBER ON A PIECE OF CARD STOCK. IT HAS NO VALUE.

There is also this.