Yeah. B's great album lost to what a lot of people think is also a pretty great album That shouldn't diminish her "monumental feat of music" at all. Which album you like better is a matter of opinion, which is why Beck won.

Having your work nominated for AOTY is such an honor. Winning is the cherry, but doesn't necessarily define one album as quantifiably better than another.

Also, I feel like Kanye/Beyonce's fans are taking this as "Beck's album will be remembered, and Beyonce's won't", which is total bullshit. I still haven't heard a peep from Beyonce regarding her losing. I think she's just a mature enough person who doesn't need to be handed an award to feel gratified for her art.

I liked Beck's album the most out of those that were nominated, so I can't speak to this directly, but on the other side of the aisle, Steely Dan beat Kid A in 2001. In my opinion, a great example of the Grammy's snubbing a clear winner by honoring veterans that they refused to honor when they had the chance. But, I mean... people fucking revere that album today, Grammy or no Grammy.

If Beyonce had the better album, in 15 years, people will talk about it the way people talk about Kid A today. And in 20 years, I'm sure she'll put out a mediocre album, long out of her prime, and then the Grammy's can try and make up for their mistake by being fundamentally dishonest to the spirit of what they're supposed to be doing. Same goes for Radiohead, probably.

2 things:

1) Y'all get too riled up over awards for things that honestly shouldn't even have awards. Art is art because you aren't supposed to be judged for it. It's a personal experience, and no one person knows what is better art and what isn't.

2) All this talk about "what will be remembered in 20 years"... That's 1 generation. Pretty sure all of your life expectancies include 2035. You think people will remember any of this stuff in 100 years? Not unless we cure mortality pretty soon.

/esoteric post