Needle lifting when it gets to the end of the record (how?)

I always call it a run-out groove but I'm probably wrong. I think it's typically raised slightly higher than the other grooves and the little kick activates the auto-arm on most tables.

I've had a few that never get caught by my table with the auto-arm and just spin and spin forever, much like all records do on my carbon.

I use this on my tables:

http://www.thequp.com/

Works like a charm.

No complaints or problems with it? I've been debating getting one for my VPI HW-19 since it's missing that feature. Just wanted a little more "real world" opinion about it before I go spending ~$50 on a new one. Thanks in advance.

No complaints or problems with it? I've been debating getting one for my VPI HW-19 since it's missing that feature. Just wanted a little more "real world" opinion about it before I go spending ~$50 on a new one. Thanks in advance.

It works EXACTLY like it should.  It's perfect operationally...no complaints.  Though, I do wish it looked better.  Sucks to have a piece of plastic on a $15,000 turntable setup messing up the aesthetics.

This is what it looks like installed:

dsc2219d.jpg

It works EXACTLY like it should.  It's perfect operationally...no complaints.  Though, I do wish it looked better.  Sucks to have a piece of plastic on a $15,000 turntable setup messing up the aesthetics.

This is what it looks like installed:

dsc2219d.jpg

I tell you what, you record a video for me to show me how it works in exchange for my great knowledge of letting you in on how to make that cheap plastic look great!

Ok here it is.

1. Go to your local hardware store. (or call ahead to see if materials are there)

2. Grab p360 sand paper

3. Sand down your plastic

4. (Sorry forgot to mention you purchased some chrome or aluminum looking spray paint coat in step 2 as well)

5. Spray it on after it's been sanded. Wait for 4 hours with a fan on it or something. 

6. Sand the coat down

7. spray it on again. let it dry somemore

8. sand it down again

9. spray it on again

10. let it dry and at this point the coating should be finely and evenly distributed. Go ahead try for one last time if you feel you may reach a better result, the more you sand, the better the results.

Message me when that video is up or if there is one on YouTube! 

EDIT: found a video on the site SMH

http://www.thequp.com/videos.html

Holy smokes 60$?! I thought this was going to be  15$ 20$ at the most.

• 3 weeks later...