FS: Gaslight, Coheed, Portugal the Man, Circa (Discogs)

momentumlost

I personally bought an orange white copy of iks for 250 over the summer. This was not necessarily a good deal, I just really wanted the record. There's absolutely no way you can sell it for that much, and definitely not to someone around here. Getting 200+ will be hard as it is.

I got this same pressing from my mom for Christmas and that's also how much she spent on it.

Also slightly ridiculous:

Waiter you Vultures! for $75?  Not as insane as others, but still way over the norm.

That Juturna picture disc is about $100 overpriced.

Catch For Us The Foxes for $100 on black?  Yikes.

Devil and God is priced about triple what it should be as well.

I understand if these are the prices you would let the records go for, but what's the point of acting like you want to sell them when they're not close to being priced to move? 

Yes, because 25 bucks for a Circa 7" that you can still buy for 8 bucks on merchnow sure sounds fair. You did do your homework... you saw how low you can buy it and then up-priced it because of the band.

I understand if these are the prices you would let the records go for, but what's the point of acting like you want to sell them when they're not close to being priced to move? 

this.

Haha this is what Discogs is at its absolute worst.

People listing their records they don't want to sell for 5x the normal selling price "Just in case someone wants to give me that much".

The number of people I've contacted on discogs about records with insane pricing and gotten that response is awful.  You are skewing what people think is acceptable pricing every time someone goes to list that record on discogs again.  Next week someone will list TDAGARIM on Gold for $300 and advertise it as $100 off.

Bleh.

I didn't realize that circa 7" was still available, I got it for xmas and didnt check any bands/labels site.

all this said, since I am packing and moving, If anyone in nyc wants to meet up and make fun of me/have a couple beers at all this week, I can totally use a break. cause moving blows haha.

So, its acceptable to blast this guy for setting his prices too high for your liking? 

Why not just not buy anything from him instead of making yourselves look like bigger assholes than the guy selling the records?

This is the current state of this forum. If you aren't "helping someone out" by selling your records at or below cost, or well below the current market price, then you're either asking too much, a flipper, or an asshole. 

I'm not justifying this person's prices (this is an extreme example), but this is a practice becoming all too common around here. 

This is the current state of this forum. If you aren't "helping someone out" by selling your records at or below cost, or well below the current market price, then you're either asking too much, a flipper, or an asshole. 

I'm not justifying this person's prices (this is an extreme example), but this is a practice becoming all too common around here. 

I can agree with this.

I think there's a certain pressure round here to always be pricing way below what any other site would, otherwise they're 'ebay prices'.

That said, this is the flip side of that. Pricing so high that its almost pointless to make a thread at all, and being shocked when people mention it. This and the Mutemath guy.

I don't think people on here always expect to score records here "at or below cost," although it's not out of the question. But I think people come here not to expect to pay current market price premiums when they could easily just go to discogs or eBay and find those records for those prices.

momentumlost could have just stuck to discogs and been another seller trying to get $250 for that circa album, everyone interested in these (or any) albums has them in their want list anyway and gets emails on a daily basis when they pop up. But instead he made a thread here trying to get the attention of the community for "hard to get" records that are going for what they normally go for on those sites, and therefore got a little shit for it. That doesn't make anyone here an asshole IMO. no harm, no foul really. Just standard VC responses.

Asking ebay value is one thing, but to add an extra 50% on top of that to every record hes selling is a dick move. Juturna would be cool at $150-175, that portugal record hes selling for $75 I just bought for $40 less than a month ago. Fuck, just use posike and go with a high price that it previously sold for, that would still probably be cheaper than what hes selling them for.

• 2 weeks later...