PO - The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams

Did you get the gold variant or the black?

gold...i checked all sides every which way and they look fine

since its consistent throughout all 4 sides it makes me think it was the pressing itself as opposed to a dud or getting scratched up...

can anyone confirm if their copy has no surface noise? as stated before, the audio itself is the best sounding hold steady album  so its a real bummer if they all have this

gold...i checked all sides every which way and they look fine

since its consistent throughout all 4 sides it makes me think it was the pressing itself as opposed to a dud or getting scratched up...

can anyone confirm if their copy has no surface noise? as stated before, the audio itself is the best sounding hold steady album  so its a real bummer if they all have this

I got the gold as well, and there's a ton of surface noise. I was playing it loud enough to not really notice it during the rocking songs, but during the ballads it was noticeable.

Gold has a lot of surface noise during the quiet parts. It was done through Noiseland here in Minneapolis, but they get their records pressed in France. It's strange cause I've only heard good stuff come out of Noiseland. Wonder if the gold was pressed after the black, thus making it through the test press listening. 

agreed...sounds great but a lot of surface noise even after a cleaning...anyone else?

my copy was also pretty beat up...lots of corner dings and seam splits

After getting back from vacation, I am just now spinning this for the first time.  And yes, mine has quite a bit of surface noise too.  And was delivered with a nice corner ding.

Bummer.

I've been waiting on this for a while then realized I never ordered it because they didn't accept Canadian paypals and like an idiot I didn't go back and use my credit card but I've just reordered it. I like the record so far, need to spin it to really formulate the opinion but I like the production a lot, I really like the influence this new guitar player seems to have brought and there's a good mix of styles to see all their strong suits. 

I'm awaiting a response from MerchNow before I reach out on that other board, as my t-shirt in the pre-order bundle is a different brand than was advertised, and isn't the right size. They tried telling me I needed to pay a $2 restock fee in addition to shipping it back to them. Uhh... no??? Dispute email was sent right around 5PM Friday, so here's waiting til Monday...

Man... really disappointed with this one.