Eels- Beautiful Freak (Repress or boot?)

I got excited to see this going for less than $250 on Discogs yesterday, but balked at picking it up when I couldn't find anything mentioning a legit repress.  I might try picking up the Sleuth Records copy if I can find it locally, but I don't want to pay for shipping from Belgium to find out it's a shoddy bootleg.

I got excited to see this going for less than $250 on Discogs yesterday, but balked at picking it up when I couldn't find anything mentioning a legit repress.  I might try picking up the Sleuth Records copy if I can find it locally, but I don't want to pay for shipping from Belgium to find out it's a shoddy bootleg.

That's why I'm questioning it. It's still to pricey after shipping for a boot.

Thought I'd sign up to help some others out. I was one who jumped at the chance of owning this bootleg or not.

It is is a bootleg though Id assume as its jacket is fairly poor. I'd expect an official repress to be of much better quality.

The record itself seems and sounds fine.

On 2 minds think for the price I paid I'm not that happy. Any sign of an official repress and I'll be kicking myself hard.

Though without a repress there's no way I was ever going to own this record. So having it on the shelf and getting my eels collection marginally closer to completion - that makes me happy.

Thought I'd sign up to help some others out. I was one who jumped at the chance of owning this bootleg or not.

It is is a bootleg though Id assume as its jacket is fairly poor. I'd expect an official repress to be of much better quality.

The record itself seems and sounds fine.

On 2 minds think for the price I paid I'm not that happy. Any sign of an official repress and I'll be kicking myself hard.

Though without a repress there's no way I was ever going to own this record. So having it on the shelf and getting my eels collection marginally closer to completion - that makes me happy.

Thanks, I appreciate some kind of info.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are Amazon UK and Germany links. German price is cheaper than UK; don't know about the shipping.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautiful-Freak-VINYL-Eels/dp/B00JRMDG6W

http://www.amazon.de/Beautiful-Freak-Limited-Black-Edition/dp/B00JRMDG6W/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_3

Amazon.com price is now $44.91.

• 2 months later...

got this the other day from amazon and it is fucking great. no insert, but the vinyl is heavyweight and sounds clean as hell. 

such an amazing album. never really dug the eels after this album, but i remember buying the cd from circuit city then i was like 13 years old and loving it, and listening now it sounds fresh as ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...if you stopped listening to Eels after their first record, you are missing out.  Blinking Lights and Other Revelations is an absolute masterpiece.  Hombre Lobo is easy to track down and a great one as well.  In fact, they are all good, but if her start with these two, you'll want to track down all of the catalogue.