WHIRR / NOTHING 12" Split from RFC NOW!

jhulud

already have 4 Whirr records so I put it next to the Nothing collection ha

I've got three from Whirr and three from Nothing, so I'm torn. Normally I just file it with the artist I bought it for/who I have more of a collection of, but this one is a pretty even split in those aspects. haha

i doubt it i think its baby blue /1000 (which looks blue marbled, possibly with yellow) or cream green/yellow /1000 (which looks almost completely yellow with a hint of marbling)

we sent a few hundred baby blue recs to retail, the rest were all green/baby blue/yellow starburst. from that description, could be either but i'd assume it's the baby blue.

I got word that a local record store has "marbled light blue/yellow" in stock. I'm assuming this is the starburst? I believe I'll be going to grab one asap.

i doubt it i think its baby blue /1000 (which looks blue marbled, possibly with yellow) or cream green/yellow /1000 (which looks almost completely yellow with a hint of marbling)

the copy i picked up at my local store was the starburst for whatever thats worth

This is cool. I have never listened to either band before and I have been meaning to check this out for a few days now. Thanks VC community for exposing me to good music!

The Whirr songs are honestly kind of "eh" to me.  (And that's not even considering how hard they're out-shined by the Nothing tracks.)  I'd definitely check out Distressor or Sway if you'd like to get a better idea of Whirr... who are well worth your time.

Just came home for thanksgiving tonight and I was pleasantly surprised to have this and my Crying preorder waiting for me. I absolutely love how the blue turned out; I was skeptical it would be a bland opaque record and was bummed I didn't get the starburst. happy with my choice now. I still want the black 180g though, I've been finding black records very appealing lately.

• 1 month later...