PO: Fireworks - Oh, Common Life

I know there were rumors about this being their last album...has there been any more on that or was that just internet bullshit

If so I am going to be super bummed because I love their direction with this album

Apparently the bassist said on stage that they have no plans after their current run with The Wonder Years.

Got this in today and spun it. Not at all what I was expecting, definitely felt boring at some parts lyrically and the lack of the catchy choruses made this one drag on a little. Hopefully it grows on me like it seems to have done for some of you. That said, my gripe is really only with the lyrics and vocal melodies, the instrumentation seems to have matured and I really dig the songs musically.

With respect to everyone who says this album is lacking catchy choruses, I just don't hear it. I feel like some of these choruses are the best the band has ever done. 

It's really a bummer that it sounds like they're calling it quits. Fireworks were one of the few bands I really anticipated hearing new material from anymore.

Got my black 180g in the mail today. I've been listening since Tuesday when it streamed, and haven't had a chance to spin, but the packaging is cool. No gatefold, the sleeve that holds the record has the lyrics printed on it. It's a little tight on the 180g like someone else said. Also some of the lyrics are written really small, and are hard to read at some points. The sticker sheet included is a nice touch. Overall it's pretty cool, would've been cool to have a gatefold to have a little more art, but it's still nice.

Love the album. It'll probably be a long time before I can compare to Gospel, since I love that album so much. I think this has some of their catchiest choruses ever, flies on tape, woods, the only thing that haunts, etc. it also varies a lot more than Gospel in moods.

I also got the 180 Gram yesterday and was a little bummed when it wasn't a gatefold. Sounds amazing though and the artwork is incredible.

That said, did anyone get their CD with the package? It was in the product description.

"This offering comes with a Oh, Common Life CD and an 11x17 album art poster.

The vinyl also contains a digital download card and sticker sheet."

I also got the 180 Gram yesterday and was a little bummed when it wasn't a gatefold. Sounds amazing though and the artwork is incredible.

That said, did anyone get their CD with the package? It was in the product description.

"This offering comes with a Oh, Common Life CD and an 11x17 album art poster.

The vinyl also contains a digital download card and sticker sheet."

That was an error. If you look under the CD product description, it says the same thing. They probably copy/pasted the info on accident.

Listening to my 180g right now and it sounds awesome. Definitely liking it more than I did on my first listen. Also love the stickers!

That was an error. If you look under the CD product description, it says the same thing. They probably copy/pasted the info on accident.

Listening to my 180g right now and it sounds awesome. Definitely liking it more than I did on my first listen. Also love the stickers!

Totally makes sense, I was just curious. Doesn't make sense to have a DL code AND the CD, haha.

The songs from this album sounded great live tonight, definitely going to take a few listens to grow on me though I think.

Also, Adam Levine was at the show tonight and Fireworks had him come out onstage and say hi, kind of random.

Wait, what? Maroon 5 Adam Levine? Weird.

The albums the definition of a grower to me.