PO: Fireworks - Oh, Common Life

So, wait... can someone explain what's up with the 3 bonus tracks to me? I already ordered the 180g, US CD, UK silver and UK CD.  So I'm going to get 4 copies of this album that are all missing those 3 tracks? Wow this is like the inverse of Gospel with the iTunes only tracks.

Also I live nowhere near a record store... unless the Banquet UK CD has the additional tracks, would someone be into helping me track a copy down that includes them?

*edit* Not really clear on how it works, but if it's a vinyl record that comes with a CD, and anyone wants to buy the vinyl, rip the tracks and sell the CD disc, I would be into buying only the disc and paying shipping. As long as it was packaged in a way it wouldn't get scratched or scuffed. If I end up having to buy 1 more copy (vinyl or CD) to get the tracks I will but I should prob wait til my copies come in and make sure they aren't included first.

So, wait... can someone explain what's up with the 3 bonus tracks to me? I already ordered the 180g, US CD, UK silver and UK CD.  So I'm going to get 4 copies of this album that are all missing those 3 tracks? Wow this is like the inverse of Gospel with the iTunes only tracks.

Also I live nowhere near a record store... unless the Banquet UK CD has the additional tracks, would someone be into helping me track a copy down that includes them?

*edit* Not really clear on how it works, but if it's a vinyl record that comes with a CD, and anyone wants to buy the vinyl, rip the tracks and sell the CD disc, I would be into buying only the disc and paying shipping. As long as it was packaged in a way it wouldn't get scratched or scuffed. If I end up having to buy 1 more copy (vinyl or CD) to get the tracks I will but I should prob wait til my copies come in and make sure they aren't included first.

I'm going to stop by my local store at some point tomorrow. If they have it, I'll pick it up for you.

I don't know if I should commit to a purchase just yet tho... I'd like to wait til my copy from banquet comes in first, if that makes sense... already spent like $80 on this album so only gonna shell if I have to.

Are you getting a copy for yourself? If you are and you open it and tell me what's going on with them, that would be cool. And if you didn't feel like going back later it's no sweat I'm sure I can track one down fairly easily.

btw Logan, I'm going to PM you about some metaphysical goods I'm also trying to track down, hope that's okay. At the very least maybe you can help with some info?

Thanks.

Going to shoot an email to banquet, hopefully they can shed some light. If neither of their versions include the bonus tracks, I'd like to know how exactly this works.

Is it a vinyl record that includes a CD, or a CD only?

If it's just the CD I'd prob jump on it, but want to find out about banquet before I do, and if it's a vinyl I'd rather just buy the bonus CD is anyone is willing to piece it out. Might be a long song but after spending $80 on 1 record. I've got other stuff on the horizon, as much as I love this band gonna feel like I got duped if I end up having to spend over $100 on the same album. Feel me?

*edit* Actually, come to think of it, my banquet order came to roughly $60 and my merchdirect order about $45 so I've already spent over $100. (I thought they were both $40 for some reason.) Hoping I won't have to buy another copy to get the full album. Awaiting details...

Anyone maybe into the idea of trading for Gospel on gold?

This just in:

If you buy "Oh, Common Life" at an Indie record store, it will come with a limited edition acoustic EP for FREE! A record store is a place where you can buy albums.

Check out http://recordstoreday.com/ to find more stores near you, here’s a partial list of participating stores

Dimples – Sacramento
Greywhale – Salt Lake City
Rasputin’s – CA
Silver Platters – WA
Music Millennium – Portland
Skip’s Records – Eugene
Record Archive – Rochester
Bullmoose – ME
Vintage Vinyl – NJ
Young Ones – Kutztown
Looney Tunes – Babylon
The Sound Garden – Baltimore
The Sound Garden – Syracuse
Plan 9 – Richmond
AKA – Philadelphia
Plan 9 – Charlottesville
Gallery Of Sound – PA
Zia – AZ
Amoeba – CA
Independent – Colorado Springs
Slazers – Ventura
Rhino – Claremont
Fingerprints – Long Beach
Lou’s – San Diego
Cactus – Houston
Guestroom – OKC
Good Records – Dallas
Twist & Shout – Denver
Criminal – Atlanta
Disc Exchange – Knoxville
Park Ave CD’s – Orlando
Monster Music – Charleston
Grimey’s – Nashville
School Kids – Raleigh
Uncle Sam’s – Miami
OZ Music – Tuscaloosa
Manifest Disc – Charlotte
Daddy Kool Records – St Petersburg
T-Bones – Hattiesburg
CD Seller – Anniston
CD Central – Lexington
Lunchbox – Charlotte
Decatur CD – Decatur
Central Square – Santa Rosa Beach
The Groove – Nashville
Radio Active – Ft Lauderdale
The End Of All Music – Oxford
Electric Fetus – MN
Dearborn Music – Dearborn
Shake It – Cincinnati
Culture Clash – Toledo
Strictly Disc – Madison
Spoonful – Columbus
Waiting Room – Normal
Vertigo – Grand Rapids
Laurie’s Planet Of Sound – Chicago
Luna – Indianapolis
Green Light Music – Kalamazoo
Homers – Omaha

I really like the stickers that came with this. The artwork for this and Gospel are on point. I would order some screen printed work of their album or work or any artwork from the artist in a heartbeat.

I was kind of bummed that the 11x17 poster included the venue strip and title. I liked it how it looked in the thumbnail. But between that and bitching about the missing tracks, I kind of felt like I was complaining too much.