A Thread for Runners - 2016 Yearly Challenge - Most Miles

Also, thank you guys for the advice to rest before the half! I skipped 2 runs and took 5 days total off. I came back last week to do 3 runs (2-3 miles) without any pain at all. Ran the half yesterday and felt great! I ran it in 1:44:01 (a 7:56 pace) which is a PR for me. Also, I paid attention to running the tangents and ran 13.17 miles, so thanks for that advice as well!

I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have been able to run this well without those pieces of advice, you guys are awesome.

Also, thank you guys for the advice to rest before the half! I skipped 2 runs and took 5 days total off. I came back last week to do 3 runs (2-3 miles) without any pain at all. Ran the half yesterday and felt great! I ran it in 1:44:01 (a 7:56 pace) which is a PR for me. Also, I paid attention to running the tangents and ran 13.17 miles, so thanks for that advice as well!

I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have been able to run this well without those pieces of advice, you guys are awesome.

I'm pretty jealous of that time. That was around my goal on my last half and didn't make it. Congrats.

Nice work. That's a solid time. 

I'm pretty jealous of that time. That was around my goal on my last half and didn't make it. Congrats.

Thanks guys! My goal was to have my pace start with a 7, so I guess a 7:59, I was able to do a little better than that so I was pretty happy with it. It helped that they had an 8:00 min/mile pacer that started about 30 seconds in front of me so I spent the whole race trying to track her down, a little extra motivation when we hit the 2 turn around spots and I could see that I was catching up haha

I highly recommend the Coastal Delaware Running Festival. Marathon, Half and 9k. The marathon is a Boston Qualifier and it's an insanely flat course with great views of the beach, state park, residential areas and commercial areas. It was a great run and we had perfect weather.

Awesome, good luck! Check out the first post in this thread and join some of our challenges to help keep your motivation up. And check back in and let us know how it goes!

Thanks, i am excited for it. Definitely looking to get more serious and disciplined with my routine.

sliding into the first triathlon of the season next Sunday and the reality has settled in: I'm more interested in running more than anything else right now. I did a great 1.5 mile open water swim in a river here today and it seems to be pulling me back towards tri again a bit but then I came within inches of being taken out on my bike by an asshole who ran a stop sign. I had the life before my eyes moment and was so rattled I rode home, put the bike away, pulled on my running shoes and did a few extra miles in the park. I'm going to finish up strong and do this first race and reassess my goals/interests after.

Hope everyone is logging their miles and feeling good. I intentionally ran +8 minute miles all weekend for the first time in months to just get some recovery effort in. 

Ran my first 5k this weekend. Finished in 26:29, which is right around my 9 minute mile pace i've been running in training. Nothing amazing, but i was happy with my performance. Definitely enjoyed the race and am looking forward to doing more very soon.

Ran my first 5k this weekend. Finished in 26:29, which is right around my 9 minute mile pace i've been running in training. Nothing amazing, but i was happy with my performance. Definitely enjoyed the race and am looking forward to doing more very soon.

Nice dude, definitely a solid start! The awesome thing with running is if you keep up with it, you'll notice your times just start to drop without too much effort on your part. Just getting the miles in will start gradually decreasing your time, which for me was a big motivator in continuing to run, see that steady improvement. Keep with it!

Nice job. Looking forward to seeing you shave time like crazy now!

Ran the 400m in 63 seconds. My wife and I both think it was closer to 61, but whatever. I won my heat too, which was pretty cool. Now looking forward to the Peachtree Road Race on July 4 (the largest 10k in the big whole wide world). 

Congrats! Great time.

You're lucky that speed impresses your wife :ph34r:

Ran the 400m in 63 seconds. My wife and I both think it was closer to 61, but whatever. I won my heat too, which was pretty cool. Now looking forward to the Peachtree Road Race on July 4 (the largest 10k in the big whole wide world). 

Awesome man! Are you gonna keep running shorter distances now?

Awesome man! Are you gonna keep running shorter distances now?

Shit, I'm dumb and stopped reading before seeing the 10k thing...haha

I actually am probably going to be running a mile race in two weeks. Something else I've never done. Joining the track club has really made me push some of my running boundaries. It's awesome.