Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown Vinyl

Hi all,

Thinking of buying this, but it likely that Hot Topic (or similar) will re-issue it in a different/special colour anytime soon like they did with American Idiot? I'd rather wait and buy something awesome than have to sell one to buy the other.

Thanks!

There's already a cool hardback steel-bolted version of 21st Century Breakdown that you can get hold of pretty cheap. Grab that. Don't think it'll be repressed for a while.

Thanks, but I was thinking more about the vinyl itself, as in the red and black swirl that they did for American Idiot.

I'd say don't count on it anytime soon... the original pressing seems to be just selling out now... and the album wasn't as well liked as their other stuff (though I loved it). If you can get this copy do it. It's nice packaging, the sound is excellent, and the records themselves are a very nice quality

Thanks, but I was thinking more about the vinyl itself, as in the red and black swirl that they did for American Idiot.

It could or couldn't happen. I know nothing has been announced for it yet that I've seen anywhere. I mean you could get what is available now and have it for a long time without Hot Topic getting an exclusive variant. Or it might go up in a month. The guy who would really know is Travis he's the Hot Topic vinyl rep (he post on the boards a lot). You could send him a PM and ask. More than likely though if and when it does get close to happening a thread will get created and everyone will find out around the same time.

Doubt Travis will try to get this album as a HT exclusive. From what I have heard he hates that album

I doubt he picks and chooses what is pressed and what isn't.

Most of the time I do pick the albums but I dont let my personal taste decide which titles I attempt to get labels to press. If I think I can sell it at HT then I'll try to get it pressed. If I happen to like the album then that's cool too.