God, I love Amoeba sometimes. Sweet Kevin Devine find today.

Come on over here, brother! Great weather and great records :)

7GnHmPqukbA.jpg

"Great weather," he says.  :P We don't have it so good up here around Seattle. There are a handful of good record stores in the city, but elsewhere you're getting screwed by indie stores selling new LPs at at least 50% markup. 

Congrats on that find though - out of 100! I'd love to move down to California at some point, just for the records!

That explains why people call you a fat fuck.

And that explains why people call you an asshole.

Not that I've ever been called fat - here at VC or anywhere else - but prior to 2012, I was actually underweight and even a little self conscious about it.  Some smarter dieting choices, a bit of determination, and a lot of whey protein have gotten me closer to a healthy weight.  It's an ongoing process.  Not that you asked -- I just wanted to emphasize how assumptions get you nowhere.

But thanks for playing.  Since that was a dead end, you should probably look somewhere else to project your dissatisfaction with your own physique and or life.  Thanks.

[edit]

As to not contribute nothing to thread; congrats to Kess on the score.  I've actually never set foot in an Amoeba, though I'd really like to.  I've heard mixed things about their prices, but threads like these give me hope.

Amoeba has so many fuckin' pricers that if you dig enough, you'll find stuff that slips through the cracks.

I also found, a few months ago in the new arrivals bin, Phoenix - Alphabetical, VG+ all around, for $13 or $14 bucks. I don't remember. 

I live 10 mins away so I try to hit it up at least once a week to see what I can find. I've also found some other really rare stuff for cheap like the Slim Shady EP for $10 and of Montreal - Gay Parade for $10.

I went to Amoeba on my road trip through the states over the summer.  I was with two friends who weren't into records at all, so they walked to the Jack in the Box across the street then starting spam texting me to hurry up.  Didn't end up finding anything, but I felt compelled to buy something so I walked out with TBS - Where You Want To Be.  I was there for an hour and it felt like I needed at least another 2 hours there.  

When I went to Amoeba I found a RSD version of Now, Now's Neighbors (four months after RSD) and a grey gatefold version of The Saddest Landscape's You Will Not Survive.

Also saw a copy of The Jezabels' record for 8 bucks which I hope someone jumped on because that record is worth so much more than that musically.