FS: Nirvana - In Utero & Unplugged In New York [ORG Pressings]

Requiescat

EDIT: Both records finally sold. Sorry!

I've decided to sell my extra copies of Nirvana's In Utero as well as Unplugged In New York released by Original Recordings Group (ORG). These pressings are widely considered the definitive pressings of these recordings to-date and I can personally attest that the sound quality, clarity, and pressing quality is absolutely top-notch. I absolutely consider these a must-own for any fan of Nirvana that wants to experience the best listening experience these recordings have to offer.

I have one sealed copy of In Utero. This is the limited edition 180g Neon Yellow vinyl that was pressed by Pallas in Germany. Relatively difficult to find especially in sealed condition. (Discogs - http://www.discogs.com/release/4297165)

I also have one unsealed copy of Unplugged In New York. This is the limited edition 180g Clear Red vinyl that was pressed at RTI in the United States. This record has only been played twice on each side and has been carefully cleaned and stored in a MOFI inner sleeve since opening it. It includes the printed insert and also the promo sticker that was on the original plastic wrapping. Both the record and jacket are in NM- condition (probably closer to mint but I'm never comfortable listing as such) according to Goldmine standards. (Discogs - http://www.discogs.com/release/2053200)

I want to offer these to everyone here at Vinyl Collective before considering putting them on eBay or Discogs to sell since these are rather rare to come by, especially still sealed, and I figured some true fans might find these worth picking up.

Feel free to PM me with offers and we can go from there. Thanks in advance!

Someone asked me if these are Hot Topic releases? No! These are considerably higher quality than those reissues. These are both from Original Recordings Group (ORG) and I thought I made that rather clear in the topic and also the first paragraph of the post. Regardless, I've updated the OP with Discogs links to these specific pressings.

You need to research your records better...You can't be a douche and wrong at the same time, it doesn't work... My question, actually was about the condition of the record sleeve, specifically if the corners were sharp. I'd say that I'm still waiting for an answer on that but I'm not interested in finding out if you're able to pack a record properly...

It's pretty poor to act so rudely when you're trying to sell something, even if you weren't mistaken. 

How do these sound though?

My personal copies that I have are my go-to copies for both of these recordings and this is due to both the meticulous research I did when asking other audiophiles who's opinions I highly trust and also performing my own repetitive listening tests on my own home system. In fact, I prefer all of the ORG pressings to even the MFSL Nevermind, Japanese or other well regarded pressings like that.

You need to research your records better...You can't be a douche and wrong at the same time, it doesn't work... My question, actually was about the condition of the record sleeve, specifically if the corners were sharp. I'd say that I'm still waiting for an answer on that but I'm not interested in finding out if you're able to pack a record properly...

I thought I was quite clear in the OP about what pressings these records were and I apologize if you misunderstood. I was rather surprised by your question as to whether this was a Hot Topic release as I thought I was quite clear it was an ORG pressing and made no mention of Hot Topic in the subject or OP. My apologies if I came off as rude, I was more so surprised. This is why I've now included Discogs links to the specific releases so there should be no more confusion.

As for condition of the sealed record you ask about, the jacket is NM- (probably closer to Mint but I never list my records as such) and I can only assume the record inside is Mint/NM- as a sealed record should be. My personal copy which I opened at the same time I received this extra one is NM- and has no warps or play issues so I would assume this copy is the same.

As for your attack on my ability to pack a record, my feedback here and also on Discogs/eBay more than proves my communication and shipping are top notch. Thanks for your time.

I'm sure you can pack records well. I've just never had someone try and get on me for wanting to buy a record from them before. Discogs is usually correct but not in this case. And I'm not correcting that. There would be a mob of Nirvana collectors killing each other, to get to me first.

Do you dislike Hot Topic vinyl? They're just a distributor that get exclusives. Thanks for the condition info. I pmed an offer. Talk with me...

Well, if you have more clear and correct information you probably should post it and argue your case! The point of those listings to me is accuracy and clarity so I think you'd be serving that purpose and benefitting everyone. Of course, I also agree with the flip-side of your argument... you'll have to convince a rather large number of people and it might be a pain in the ass, haha.

I have nothing against Hot Topic vinyl at all as a general opinion. I own a few releases from them but honestly only the ones that are completely exclusive (e.g. The Bled's "Pass The Flask"). For example, the Meteora copies I own are from the German gatefold 2xLP pressing though I don't recall the exact year off the top of my head.

Considering your offer but I might hold out for a better one. Thanks.