Cheap record mailers - Anybody ever use this site?

kylet

I need about 500 7" mailers. I've been buying them from Indy Boxes/Finger Pop for years. I guess finger pop closed down?

I was gonna order them through Bags Unlimited, they're like .57 a piece when you buy 400. 

I found this site which a google search. Anybody every order from here? Seems too good to be true. 

$37.50 for 200 7" mailers, Free shipping. That comes to .18 cents a piece, a third of the going rate from the next cheapest place?

http://www.4bubble.com/200-variable-depth-45-rpm-record-album-mailer-boxes.html

Anybody have any experience with these guys?

Shipping isn't free. My mistake. 

Subtotal                                 $37.50
Shipping & Handling          $31.79
Grand Total                           $69.29 / 200 = .35 cents a piece. 

Still pretty cheap. I'll let you guys know how they are.

They take paypal. If it doesn't show or they're just crap you can get your money back. With their shipping prices to Canada it would still be my best option if I get sick of pulling boxes out of the grocery store dumpster next door...Looking forward to a review as well.

Shipping isn't free. My mistake. Subtotal                                 $37.50Shipping & Handling          $31.79Grand Total                           $69.29 / 200 = .35 cents a piece. 

Still pretty cheap. I'll let you guys know how they are.

I'm in the market for some new 7" mailers too. Please report back! Thanks!

Their 7" mailers are pretty good. I just recently got some LP mailers from them as well, but the cardboard isn't as strong, so I'm hesitant to buy again.

Yeah I did notice that with the 7" mailers. But it seems sturdy enough to pack a record safely. They're about a half ounce lighter than the previous mailers I had too. So I'll save a bit when shipping. 

If I get a lot of damaged records I won't buy again. But I don't see that being a problem. They're not shit or anything, just a little thinner. 

SRC, would you not use ULINE because of the high cost or is there an issue with the 7" mailers?

I use their 12" mailers and they are great.  They cost more, but are heavy duty and we used to buy from threerb on ebay but had too many issues with their mailers (too light weight and would often come warped)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We use their 7" mailers as well. Even though we made our own LP mailers if we didn't we would not use their LP mailers over Uline but definitely endorse their 7" mailers. They have also always been great with cost, shipping, customer service etc...

sorry to resurrect an old thread... but just curious, who did your custom LP mailers? those are pretty awesome, i rarely get damaged records in them.  

are they sold in smaller qty (25, 50, etc) or does it require a large custom order?  I wish other labels/distros would start using same style of mailer.

• 1 year later...

I use http://myworld.ebay.com/cuttingedgepackaging Cutting Edge on Ebay also, they seem to be the cheapest. I buy 200 for $60, free post, so 30 cents ea. I sell vinyl online for my full time job, so I use these a lot (and I've compared them to at least 10 other companies. I never have any complaints about these boxes, but I for sure use at least two cardboard filler pads: But them at the same place 12 cents each (so expensive for a square of cardboard!!!).