Do you ever buy records just to flip?

Guest Timbo_Slice

The worst is when friggin' record stores flip records. I know you bought those classic rock LPs for $1-3 each, there is no way I am paying $5-10 for them you a-holes!

There is a difference between a business acting as a middle-man between the production process and the consumer, getting the product in their hands for a cost, and someone purposely buying out the stock of something they are not affiliated with to mess with supply and demand.

Selling something you didn't produce =/= flipping

Gamestop were affiliated with the release of Xenoblade Chronicles in the US ($50 new). They've been stockpiling used copies over the last year (raising demand for the game which was out of print and only available from Gamestop to begin with) and began selling them for ~$90 a copy. If that isn't flipping I don't know what is.

Maybe its just me but buying something new with the intention to sell as new literally minutes after it gets to your doorsrep rubs me the wrong way. Whats worse is those that list records on ebay before they even have it on hand which is becoming more and more common. In the end I am just as guilty of buying from some of these guys so aside from giving me bad vibes, what do I really have against it?

There is a difference between a business acting as a middle-man between the production process and the consumer, getting the product in their hands for a cost, and someone purposely buying out the stock of something they are not affiliated with to mess with supply and demand.

Selling something you didn't produce =/= flipping

tumblr_mrfbych1dF1sok1hbo1_500.gif