Vaginyl Collective Redux (Men view at their own risk).

-tess.

ive been avoiding VC and noticed some SHIT has gone down since I last saw, but this is too important to ignore... I was watching real housewives of atlanta, the reunion special, and one of the girls said BYE FELICIA.  AND IT CLICKED.

It's from friday! i feel much much better about the day now.  ps miss you ladies

Oh good, so same if not worse than an OBGYN! What's with that? People just not want to go into that field of work so doctors are in short supply?

it's funny, because the last time i was to my dermatologist i asked her about the seeming shortage of them.  she said that they only graduate a certain number of dermatologists every year, and most of them gravitate towards the larger metropolitan areas. but she definitely said she would welcome another one or two in the area since every practice seems to be so backed up.

HEYYYYY ladies. How about some non-drama girl talk instead?

Has anyone been to a dermatologist at all? Now that I have decent health insurance, I've wanted to go but just never took the plunge. Since I've stopped the pill, I've gotten much more acne than I used to and no creams or washes seem to help at all. Reading up on it, I think I'd have to get cortisone shots, which sounds horrific. I'm not even sure insurance would cover those.

My doctor used to have a dermatologist in his practice. They were brother and sister. So maybe check if a doctor around you has something like that set up. You could just request an appt with her and she would see you for general stuff or dermatology stuff.

Ughh I saw this info graphic on costs of services at planned parenthood but I can't for the life of me locate it right now.

But I know that the folks at planned parenthood work with each patient to make the services affordable - this includes an annual exam / pap smear.  I'd look into that if I were you.

This is from one of my favorite blogs, TheBicker.net:

These prices vary from Planned Parenthood clinic to the next, so no, there is not set price and Planned Parenthood bases the price you pay off of your income, wild right?

Here is a Planned Parenthood calculator that gauges/esitimates the price you’ll pay for these services, first it’ll ask you your age, I chose between 18-24, next it’ll ask you about your income, the general monthly income for people who live on government assistance or who have minimum wage jobs, is about 700$, so I’ll put in 700$ monthly. Next it’ll ask you how many adults and children live in your house, I put 1, then it’ll ask you about what services you seek, what clinic you’ll be visiting (I just picked the first one) and it’ll ask if you’ve been to a Planned Parenthood within 3 years, I said no and these are the results:

• Pregnancy Exam/Urine Pregnancy Test: Free.
  • In-Clinic 12 week abortion: 625$
  • Annual Exam or Check-up (Includes Pap, STI/STD Testing, and Pregnancy test): Free.
  • HIV Testing and Counseling: Free.
  • STD/STI Testing (There’s not such thing as “basic” or “advanced” packages, it’s just one test): Free.
  • IUD and IUD insertion (which includes an exam, a Pap, and possible STI testing): Free.
  • Birth Control Pills (including exam, pregnancy tests, and oral contraceptives): Free.
  • Depo-Provera Shot (includes exam, pap, and injection): Free.

Here is the full post:

http://thebicker.net/post/80926153305/aka14kgold-abortionfriends

yup! planned parenthood. went there when I was uninsured.

I still go there because it takes a 10 min meeting with a doctor to get the exact birth control I want. I sit in a room, talk to her, and tell her what I want, she writes the script.

I don't have have to try a million things (nuva ring, injections, whatever hot new BC my gyno is pushing)

I still go there because it takes a 10 min meeting with a doctor to get the exact birth control I want. I sit in a room, talk to her, and tell her what I want, she writes the script.

I don't have have to try a million things (nuva ring, injections, whatever hot new BC my gyno is pushing)

That is SO IMPORTANT.  Luckily my gyno isn't pushy, but I don't like how doctors have certain ins with pharmaceutical companies and push certain drugs for $$$.

I'm sure we've covered this, but which bc are you on if you don't mind me asking?

Geeze I couldn't imagine having to keep switching up what type of BC your taking. I don't like BC anyway, but why would a gyno (a professional) suggest whatever the latest trend of BC is? That makes no sense to me. There are so many BC's out there that cause more harm than good. Don't they know that or do they just not care if it harms your body?

Edit: Ahhhhh....the whole money argument.