Neck Deep & Knuckle Puck split

gt125

Neck deep posted earlier today that they were making a 7" split with their touring buddies Knuckle Puck.

The Neck Deep side features growing pains and crushing grief (no remedy) whereas the Knuckle Puck side features two new songs from Knuckle Puck that are yet to be released.

The split is due to be released on the 25th February and is strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide.

US copies will be on sale at :  http://badtimingrecords.limitedrun.com/

& UK copies at : http://banquetrecords.com/

What are your thoughts on this split? Good or bad? Personally, I'm a little disappointed that Neck Deep have chosen the two most heard songs from Wishful Thinking instead of making two new songs, but hey ho. Guess they can't be writing and producing new material all the time.

UPDATE: The Banquet Records site says there is 144 copies left. Whether this means Banquet Records only have 144 copies left or there is only 144 out of the 500 copies left, I'm not too sure. But either way if you want to get your hands on this, I'd say act quickly.

i'm debating whether to pick this up or not 

Well the Banquet Records store says there is 152 copies left, so I'm not sure if this means 152 out of the 500 available worldwide or just the amount that Banquet Records have been given, but if you want it I'd suggest move fast. They seem fairly limited. 

You want two new songs from Neck Deep when they just released a full length?

That's why I'm not entirely let down by the fact they've not added any new songs, it's more the fact that they've chose the two most heard of ones. I think it would have been better if they chose songs off the album that weren't released as singles beforehand. 

Just picked this up and I agree a bit disappointing that ND put the two most known songs from Wishful Thinking but hey, Knuckle Puck on vinyl is worth it for me!

Knuckle puck is mostly the reason I bought it, but hey, I can settle for the Neck Deep songs too. At least they're not bad songs.

That's why I'm not entirely let down by the fact they've not added any new songs, it's more the fact that they've chose the two most heard of ones. I think it would have been better if they chose songs off the album that weren't released as singles beforehand.

Those two songs are the best on the album in my opinion. "Wishful Thinking" let me down big time.

Those two songs are the best on the album in my opinion. "Wishful Thinking" let me down big time.

Each to their own. Admittedly, not all of the songs on Wishful Thinking have been as catchy as songs off Rain in July and a History of bad decisions. I'm with you on the two singles being some of the best songs on the album, but Zoltar speaks and Say what you want were songs that stood out for me on that album too. But, this is what happens when bands get signed. They change their tune a little bit. For Neck Deep to still mostly stay with their current sound is good, because I'll be honest when I heard they were signed by Hopeless Records, I was a little concerned Hopeless would try to mold their sound into some All time low standard garbage. 

It just seems kinda silly to rerelease those two songs on a split. Don't they have any bsides from the album sessions they could use? Either way I'll probably get a tour copy

That's what I thought! They chose the two songs out of wishful thinking that everyone has heard already. Why would you get excited about songs you've already heard so many times? 

damnn. had it in my cart before, but held off on checking out.  didn't think it would go as quick as it did.  if anybody got 2 copies by any chance and would hook it up for me, that would be awesome.

I'm surprised too. I was going to wait until tomorrow, but glad i didn't now ha. You should message Brevity38 and ask about a tour copy if no one picked up 2.