The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Did anyone ever figure out a way to get the glue off their record?

I only really gave it a shot once I'd gotten my replacement copy.  I tried both hot soapy water and Goo Gone, and neither of them made much difference.  I think to really get it off, you'd have to scrub the record hard enough that it'd wind up being unplayable anyway.

29 minutes ago, tdogg241 said:

I only really gave it a shot once I'd gotten my replacement copy.  I tried both hot soapy water and Goo Gone, and neither of them made much difference.  I think to really get it off, you'd have to scrub the record hard enough that it'd wind up being unplayable anyway.

The goo gone didnt ruin it?

• 2 months later...

Damn, I held out on these last time, and three years on, I still can't push myself to at least buy part 3. I hope after Part VI, they do a full box set with the original artwork. Really dislike the redone artwork. Why did Casey decide to change it? I don't remember reading why. I get the whole "growing a seed" concept, but was the original art lost?

12 minutes ago, The Saint said:

Damn, I held out on these last time, and three years on, I still can't push myself to at least buy part 3. I hope after Part VI, they do a full box set with the original artwork. Really dislike the redone artwork. Why did Casey decide to change it? I don't remember reading why. I get the whole "growing a seed" concept, but was the original art lost?

I think there's some legality thing with the original artwork.