The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

Can't wait.  Been wanting this for so long.  I remember being able to easily find Act III for the longest time and it just went out of print out of nowhere.  I found it at 3 different record stores and it just went away like that.

That's how this habit... I mean hobby goes. It seems like presses just up and vanish over night when you figured you were ok to just wait a few more weeks to pick something up.

Damn, I like to have limited variants. Probably just going to be plain black then. Still end up getting them, but still :(

Sad face for no limited variant? :huh:

It seems like a lot of albums are being pressed in high numbers. I miss the days of variants being limited to 100 or 300 with different colors for the remaining 1000. It's shitty when you miss it and have to buy it for more money but it adds to the thrill of buying rare records.

Really? I thought they just pressed a fuckton.

semantics. unlimited pressings aren't literally "unlimited," of course. you press a fuckton, and if you start to run out, you press a fuckton more.

It seems like a lot of albums are being pressed in high numbers. I miss the days of variants being limited to 100 or 300 with different colors for the remaining 1000. It's shitty when you miss it and have to buy it for more money but it adds to the thrill of buying rare records.

i mean, large quantity presses is the way it used to be. people used to buy vinyl for the music, not for the collectability. larger presses usually equates to lower costs, too, if the labels aren't dickheads about it

semantics. unlimited pressings aren't literally "unlimited," of course. you press a fuckton, and if you start to run out, you press a fuckton more.

i mean, large quantity presses is the way it used to be. people used to buy vinyl for the music, not for the collectability. larger presses usually equates to lower costs, too, if the labels aren't dickheads about it

I just want unlimited pressings of everything with a small quantity of limited variants. Make things available for everyone and keep it interesting for the people who collect rare things.

i love all the conversation happening in here.

would be thrilled to get my hands on a copy of act 1 that doesn't skip.

also really like the idea of casey moving forward under his own name. 

as far as fuckton presses- i love the hobby, but i wish it didn't have to be a hobby. i just want to buy all of my favorite albums. why do they make it a hassle for me to give them my money?

• 3 weeks later...

Where does it say 180g /300? I'm on mobile and only see "limit two per customer"

it was posted on the Triple Crown Facebook page:

"It's in The Dear Hunter Act I, II & III vinyl repress is available now. 300 of each title pressed on black 180gram vinyl, rest is pressed on standard black vinyl. New artwork designed by Casey Crescenzo"

Sweet. Ordered both bundles to keep my collection complete. I will post a picture when this and all the Casey symphony stuff shows up.

Here is my what I have in my TDH collection so far.

The Dear Hunter - The Migrations Annex (3x7” Boxset, Black, /1000)

The Dear Hunter - Act I and II (3x12", Black, /250)

The Dear Hunter - Act I and II (3x12", Clear, /250)

The Dear Hunter - Act III (2x12", White, /1000)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Complete 1st Press (9x10" Boxset, Multi, /1000)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Complete 2nd Press (9x10" Boxset, Multi, /500)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Sampler (1x12", Clear, /500)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Sampler (1x12", White, /500)

The Dear Hunter - Migrant (1x12”, Clear Yellow, /1500)

On Order

The Dear Hunter - Act I (1x12” with New Artwork, 180g Black, /300)

The Dear Hunter - Act I (1x12” with New Artwork, Black)

The Dear Hunter - Act II (2x12” with New Artwork, 180g Black, /300)

The Dear Hunter - Act II (2x12” with New Artwork, Black)

The Dear Hunter - Act III (2x12” with New Artwork, 180g Black, /300)

The Dear Hunter - Act III (2x12” with New Artwork, Black)

Casey Crescenzo - Symphony # 1 (1x12”, Black)

Casey Crescenzo - Symphony # 1 (2x12”, 180g Black)

Casey Crescenzo - Symphony # 1 (2x12” Test Pressing, 180g Black, /100)

The Dear Hunter - Color Spectrum Sampler (1x12" Test Pressing, /5)

Plus I have the Wood box of the Color Spectrum complete CDs #30/150

And yes, I know I have problems. I'm obsessed with everything Casey.