Guided By Voices? Any fans? Show collection.....

Have all the LPs by GBV, Bob Pollards, Boston Spaceships, Circus Devils, Tobin Sprout, Acid Ranch, Lexo a the Leapers, etc. but don't try on the variants - Propeller LP first issue had a different hand made sleeve for each copy...

Have lots of the 7"s from the mid 90s onwards but earlier ones I don't.

I would say I have around 100 LPs and probably 40+ sevens.

Great band.

the Bee Thousand Director's Cut is one of my favorite records. Pull it out quite frequently. I have most of my favorite releases of GBV, but you could go mad trying to get copies of everything Bob Pollard is involved in.

I love that record so much too. I entertained the idea of trying to buy every GBV release I could but quickly said fuck that.

I love that record so much too. I entertained the idea of trying to buy every GBV release I could but quickly said fuck that.

Once I acquire a couple key albums I'd like to work my way up to a complete LP collection, I think this goal will take a couple decades.  Keeping up with new Pollard related releases is enough work as is.

• 1 year later...

GBV - Suitcase/Briefcase 4 out in November.

Gbv is one of my fav bands ever but these are hard to digest. One could argue they didn't finish all the songs they put on record so demos, outtakes, unreleased in the hundreds is alot of filler. Just my opinion. It's a listen through once album and that's about it

i've got a fairly complete pollard vinyl collection- at least 90 LPs and another 90 7"s... according to discogs i'm only missing five gbv LPs, two pollard LPs, three circus devils LPs and a few 7"s...

as long as you stay on top of it as it comes out, it's pretty manageable. filling in those last few LP gaps for under $30-40 have proven to be tricky. the few missing 7"s i've just been lazy/cheap about as they're still mostly in the $10-20 range.

...as long as you stay on top of it as it comes out, it's pretty manageable.

I think you meant to say "...as long as you started a while ago and stay on top of it as it comes out, it's pretty manageable." !!

Such a great band, though.  I wish I'd been turned on to them more recently than I had.

Old college roommate had a couple CD's so I first heard them in 2002, but didn't get formally introduced until 2008.

I gave up trying

I sold off all of the reunion GBV 7 inches(I think there were about 25) because all the songs were on albums minus b sides....I kept the racetrack ep

I sold off all my Pollard solo albums as they never got listened to. Some of it was ok but mostly filler

So my collection is

All the GBV studio lps

90s GBV 7 inches(mostly eps, not single releases)

All Circus Devils lps(minus Pinball)

All Lps by Ricked Wicky, Mars Classroom, Lifeguards, Airport 5, Takeovers, Boston Spaceships

Top 5 concert I ever saw(out of about 1000 plus shows) was GBV on NYE at Irving Plaza in 2010

• 1 year later...

Bumping this for

1) new gbv which is a double and pollards 100th lp out in April

2) final circus devils record out Feb 24th

3) circus devils "greatest hits" out Feb 24th

4) new tobin sprout came out on Friday by burger....great album

5) burger reissuing the tobin matador lps in April

6) esp ohio record that included pollard/Gillard was a fantastic release

• 3 years later...

I didn't want to create a new thread but I figured some may be interested.   Matador has a 25th anniversary edition of Alien Lanes available on multicolored vinyl out of /2500.  It's the same Trutone cut from the previous release so nothing new really other than a fancy color and a bottle opener that you're required to purchase I guess? 

https://store.matadorrecords.com/alien-lanes-25th-anniversary-edition