Brand New Question

this is a question about brand new, which is not a brand new question, but somethjing I was trying to figure out today..

how did they get so big?  I remember going to see them in smaller venues in the early 2000's, and I stopped following them for probably close to a decade.  they just released tickets for their show here in Pittsburgh at Stage AE and it sold out in 15 minutes.  Can someone with knowledge about this please help me understand?  Did they have major label success, or radio success?  something?  is it just because they DONT tour that much?

im legit curious, this isnt meant to be a thread about how amazing they are, or to talk about THE HOBBY, its to help me understand the success this band.  I understand people love their recordings, but did they sell well?  Did they move units?

this is a question about brand new, which is not a brand new question, but somethjing I was trying to figure out today..

how did they get so big?  I remember going to see them in smaller venues in the early 2000's, and I stopped following them for probably close to a decade.  they just released tickets for their show here in Pittsburgh at Stage AE and it sold out in 15 minutes.  Can someone with knowledge about this please help me understand?  Did they have major label success, or radio success?  something?  is it just because they DONT tour that much?

im legit curious, this isnt meant to be a thread about how amazing they are, or to talk about THE HOBBY, its to help me understand the success this band.  I understand people love their recordings, but did they sell well?  Did they move units?

Same here I wonder the same fucking thing! (Not in a bad way) They came out with their first album literally my first year of Jr. High. It was fun waiting 30 minutes per song to DL on KaZaa for 3mb worth of tracks.  What is their holy grail album? Is it DGRAIOM? Deja? I mean, I loved Your Favorite Weapon. This was during the time when they had a little Long Island rivalry thing going with TBS...

They don't tour much.

Their fans that were young and poor 10 years ago now have money to see them. 

Their music holds up!

Would you say a majority of those concert goes are now 26 up to 33 year olds? or do they have a whole new generation under their belt? (Serious questions haha just always wondered how they were keeping it all up, with Taking Back Sunday it's easier for me to understand they kind of have the same formula of hooky rock pop emo)

I heard the Indy dates sold out in like a minute. I was going to try and get some, but I'm old, and if the people that go to Brand New shows are anything like the people that hang out in the Brand New thread, I'll just pass on seeing them live. Foxy Shazam tickets are cheaper, and that band is cooler anyway.

First record I heard of theirs was Daisy about the time it was released. A friend had told me about them and my fiancé had just broken up with me.  Upon first listen I really liked how the drums sounded. So I gave it a more thorough listen and grew to really enjoy that album. I worked my way backwards. I instantly loved TDAG but had a hard time getting into Deja. The more I listen to Deja the more I like it. Havent really listened to YFW.

I think they write good songs and have a good dynamic sound.That's why I like them. I never heard a song of theirs on the radio. So I guess they are popular due to word of mouth.