Vegetarian / Vegan Foods Thread

The new formula of Follow Your Heart's Mozzarella cheese is really good.  It's firmer and tastes exactly like mozzarella, I could eat it plain out of the pack.  It would be a good one for cheese and crackers.

I'm gonna grab some of that Kala Namak try it out with tofu egg salad.

Do it! it's cool stuff. 

I'll try the new Mozzarella, I'm always skeptical of vegan cheeses, the taste is always a little off. I keep trying though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only store listed on the site is really inconvenient for me.  I was never a big egg guy, but I know I'll get curious and try it once it's easy for me to get a hold of!

On a different note, what're everyone's Thanksgiving meals looking like?  I'm doing a cashew mac and pumpkin pie so far, haven't figured too much else out yet!

Looking at getting a subscription-type gift of the Driftwood magazine for an important person. Anyone familiar with it that could weigh in on how fupping cool or uncōōl it is?

i had never heard of driftwood before.  looks super cool.

http://www.herbivoreclothing.com/categories/Books-%26-Other-Printed-Matter/

there is a clothing line based in portland with some amazing cook books.  I got the "Eat Like You Give A Damn" and "The Homemade Vegan Pantry" for her and my vegan meals went to the max!!! I would def recommend for anyone who loves too cook.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have experience cooking with TVP?

my first attempt was a disaster.  It tasted fine once I covered it in buffalo and daiya but.......

I boiled with spices, let sit, and then mixed in flour and baked.  It was very floury and it did not hold together at all.

First time posting on this thread, but love the idea!

Been a vegetarian for about 12 years now; tried vegan, but found it a bit difficult to find honest food in a town of 2,000.

Anyway, TVP cooks up nice in chili - it provides a heartier meal and soaks up the flavors in it well!

I'm bored with my current breakfast go-tos.  Anyone have any recommendations?  I'm looking for something I can make the night before (or preferably Sunday night and enough for the week) and just heat up in the morning.  I don't usually have enough time in the morning to really cook something.

This is really late, but have you tried making overnight oats? Don't have to take the time to cook in the morning, can customize to your tastes, and easily vegan :)

This is really late, but have you tried making overnight oats? Don't have to take the time to cook in the morning, can customize to your tastes, and easily vegan :)

I have and kind of burned myself out on them!  Thanks for the suggestion though!  Chia seed pudding has been my go to lately.  Mix it up the night before in a mason jar, throw some toppings onto it in the morning and that's it.

Been a vegetarian for about 12 years now; tried vegan, but found it a bit difficult to find honest food in a town of 2,000.

Anyway, TVP cooks up nice in chili - it provides a heartier meal and soaks up the flavors in it well!

I've made sloppy Joe's with TVP quite a few times, works really well.  I'm from a town of about 10,000 people and I struggle to find places to eat whenever I go back home.  The city is barely vegetarian friendly.  That's my biggest problem with going back.