Vegetarian / Vegan Foods Thread

• 5 weeks later...

I did raw for the past 13 days, and I have to say it did amazing things for my poop.  I have IBS and I went from pooping 6 times a day to pooping 1-2 times a day.  I broke it for TB once and for a veggie burger, and last night I had a phenomenal double bacon cheeseburger and despite it being good, i've been poopin all day and I'm going to try to stick with raw longer.

The only problem with it is the meals get incredibly boring.  I have a smoothie every morning, salad for lunch, and squash pasta for dinner with homemade dressings and what not.  lots of bananas and avocados and raw nuts.  I'm allergic to raw cashews in large amounts so that makes this less fun.

(but despite what y'all say about fake meat, I still love it and go through phases where I eat it a few times a week.  Definitely terrible to rely on it but to appreciate it is another thing.)

Amy's 1/4 pounders taste delicious, and I melted Chao cheese on top and added Just Mayo ( the best mayo ) and Sweet Earth seitan bacon.  I've never had the bacon before and by far my favorite fake bacon.

I really need to get back into my veggie diet, but I'm so lazy with cooking. Any tips, good meals for someone who can barely cook and is not good at it? I need something I can make for the week, and heat up/eat at work. Salads get boring to me way too fast.

I did raw for the past 13 days, and I have to say it did amazing things for my poop.  I have IBS and I went from pooping 6 times a day to pooping 1-2 times a day.  I broke it for TB once and for a veggie burger, and last night I had a phenomenal double bacon cheeseburger and despite it being good, i've been poopin all day and I'm going to try to stick with raw longer.

The only problem with it is the meals get incredibly boring.  I have a smoothie every morning, salad for lunch, and squash pasta for dinner with homemade dressings and what not.  lots of bananas and avocados and raw nuts.  I'm allergic to raw cashews in large amounts so that makes this less fun.

(but despite what y'all say about fake meat, I still love it and go through phases where I eat it a few times a week.  Definitely terrible to rely on it but to appreciate it is another thing.)

Amy's 1/4 pounders taste delicious, and I melted Chao cheese on top and added Just Mayo ( the best mayo ) and Sweet Earth seitan bacon.  I've never had the bacon before and by far my favorite fake bacon.

did you feel like eating raw involved way more chewing ???

I really need to get back into my veggie diet, but I'm so lazy with cooking. Any tips, good meals for someone who can barely cook and is not good at it? I need something I can make for the week, and heat up/eat at work. Salads get boring to me way too fast.

This is not one you can make in large quantities but blend avocado with basil, garlic and some lemon juice/water and use it as your pasta sauce. Tastes delicious and is super easy to make.

This is not one you can make in large quantities but blend avocado with basil, garlic and some lemon juice/water and use it as your pasta sauce. Tastes delicious and is super easy to make.

I'll give it a go, getting a little sick of using olive oil all the time. Thanks.

i never noticed this, so id say no.  Are you suggesting that maybe I chew my food more and thats why i had happy bowels?  because Ive never considered that..

its possible. on top of the items you are eating being much easier to break down for your digestive system.

Chris from the Swarm/Cursed has a vegan foods company.  I've been pan frying with his Magic Vegan Bacon Grease.  It's essentially coconut oil with some TVP and bacon seasoning but it's fun to use.  A lot of health food stores carry it now.

http://veganmagic.cc/

Deathwish is carrying it too.  I want to try it, even though I'm not 100% sure what I would use it for :)

that sounds so awesome, but that website is so shitty that I stopped looking into it more.  I'll keep my eye out for it though when I'm in health stores.

I have been terribly breaking raw ever since I broke it once and I am upset with myself for it and need to go back!  I had like a pint and a half of soy cream today what is wrong with me.

I also made this though, and can't wait to try it tomorrow.  I am terrified and excited at the same time!

http://createnplate.com/2014/04/14/raw-vegan-chocolate-peanut-butter-cheesecake/

Chris from the Swarm/Cursed has a vegan foods company.  I've been pan frying with his Magic Vegan Bacon Grease.  It's essentially coconut oil with some TVP and bacon seasoning but it's fun to use.  A lot of health food stores carry it now.

http://veganmagic.cc/

my wife cooks with this magic began bacon grease all the time. she orders it from Food Fight Grocery in Portland, Or.

the stuff is fantastic.  she makes beer bread and biscuits with it.  she also orders these coconut bacon flakes from the same spot and sprinkles them on everything.  example brie and apple sandwich (not vegan), nachos, BLTs, salads, etc.

I think its awesome you are working on the raw vegan diet...so cool man...hope you are able to keep it up...

I didn't know if you ever watched the "Raw Vegan: Not Gross" shows on Youtube but I've made a few things from there and its pretty awesome if you have the time to do it. The frozen Banana Ice Cream is amazing, you just have to eat it all right away cause it doesn't keep...

Heres a link...all the videos are great...hope it helps you get some ideas...

last night my amazing wifey made a crazy fantastic dinner.

she took the buffalo cauliflower wing recipe http://www.peta.org/living/food/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/

and she made some brown rice, beans, and took shreds of the diaya cheese and made the most amazing spicy burrito / wraps ever.

Then she made ranch for dipping. 

I married a total cooking champ!!!

side note...

anyone have any major grilling plans for the 4th of july weekend????

pics or it didn't happen

have a great weekend everyone.  stay safe and drink cheap beers

• 3 weeks later...

I never do anything fancy for july 4th so I just grilled the boca chicken patties which taste real good..

also gardein has a new fish filet which i found at stop n shop (chain supermarket) and they taste SOOOOO realistic.

today my friends and I made sushi!

first we made a normal roll.

1736717_394830860716188_698860630_n.jpg

but we decided we could out do it......

11420792_724480927679240_372797163_n.jpg

so we made a massive burritorollllllllllllll!

the sushi ruled.  Avo, Sweet potato, tempura tofu (baked)..... The spicy mayo might have been the best part though - and we just mixed sriracha with Just Mayo....sooooooooo so so good

also a few weeks ago i made a raw chocolate peanut butter cheesecake.  it was pretty good.

11098287_905000136234069_1039259276_n.jp

Hey.  I posted about Louisville Vegan Jerky before but I just started carrying it in my store.

I only have two flavors right now - Sriracha maple and Bourbon Smoked Black Pepper but if it does well, I'll get other flavors.

It's 6 dollars a bag which is a little pricey but it's cheaper than anywhere else online that carries it and my shipping is cheaper too - even cheaper if you combine it with a record order.

http://bittermelodyrecords.limitedrun.com/products/555501-louisville-vegan-jerky-sriracha-maple-and-bourbon-smoked-black-pepper