+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This was (is) a pretty cool thread, honestly, and I still have some stuff to give away.  I think I got lazy with this thread on account of juggling full-time hours at work / a relationship / real-world shit, and failed up keep up with it.  It'd be nice to see it continue on, but I don't think I'll be able to update the OP as frequently as I used to.  Managing the thread title and updating what is being given away is something I can handle on a regular basis... but I don't think I have the time or energy to hawk this thread and edit posts every time that a single person enters.  If the current conductor can handle that responsibility and stay on top of their respective giveaway, I'll gladly keep this thing going.  God knows I still have some shelf space to clear out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I told myself I wouldn't bump this thread until I had something to contribute.  Apologies for the 2+ months it's taken me to dig this out, photograph it, and find the motivation to get the ball rolling again.  But it's Black Friday... and in contrast to the buy, buy, buy mentality our nation seems so adamantly obsessed with, I figured I'd take a moment to give something away.

As I mentioned above, I won't be able to keep up on this thread as much as I was able to do in the past.  But I'm going to make an effort.  I'm on the verge of giddily purchasing a big-boy record shelf – something in the realm of 4x4 compartments, or more – and I'm pretty determined to keep it 100% relevant to my current tastes.  With that being said, I currently have a stack of records that I'd like to ship off to a good home instead of selling for dirt cheap.

For those new to the thread: chime in if you're interested in picking up this record, and I'll put your name into the drawing.  If you win it, you need to be prepared to offer up a record of your own.  Please don't be shitty and volunteer an obscure jazz record that you bought for a nickel at a garage sale, because it was in terrible shape.  This thread is a lot more fun if the participants do their best to keep the offerings desirable.

Shipping rules will vary from conductor to conductor of the Karma Train.  For me; you chip in $3.22 for Media Mail, and the record is yours.  No strings attached.  I'm willing to ship internationally, but shipping will cost more, and will of course be up to the winner to pay in full.

Today I'm raffling off...

ANCHORS BAD JUJU

D3YZqzo.png

Truth be told, I'm not even sure how I ended up in possession of this record, but it's been on my shelf for years.  Creator Destructor Records put out this melodic punk album a few years ago – I think it's basically right up the alley for a lot of folks on VC.  The variant is a translucent red with black splatter, /125.  Includes a black dust sleeve, and both a poster and unused download code.  I honestly don't think I've even spun it once.  I recall it being fairly cheap back in the day, which is why I'm not looking to sell it or make any kind of profit.

I'll draw the name a week from today... assuming I don't procrastinate too much, when next Friday rolls around.

Good on you, Derek, for bringing this thread back to life. Had a lot of fun participating earlier in the year.

Thank you, and same here.  The only reason it fell by the wayside was on account of me being busy (read: lazy) and losing the energy to keep the OP updated, manage entries, organize cutoffs, and ensure "the torch is passed".  I'm hoping that if the cycle continues, everyone else will be able to operate the thread with a little less assistance from yours truly.