Who has watched episode 5? To me, they had an enormous amount of momentum coming out of episode 4 and just let it all wither down to nothing. I found myself doing double duty on social media and cleaning out my email inbox, I was so bored... Just me?

Same. I mean ... there are what, three episodes left? Most of the time, it really doesn't feel like must-see television.

This season reminds me of the most recent seasons of the Walking Dead- characters can be very "showy" and the opposite of nuanced, storylines are there but sometimes a 'revelation' happens and its like "Ok...I guess that was important because the characters are acting like it is?", there is a prevailing sense that they aren't really doing justice to the story they originally had in their minds, and yet it's still 100% totally fun to watch every week.  Season 1 was way better but I love watching this every week and seeing what crazy asshole shit Colin Farrell is going to do/say to his son, wife, Vince Vaughn, the world.

Just so I'm clear, they're gunning for the 3 leads because of the higher-ups at the party they raided, correct? I like this show but like the first season I feel like the plot gets a little messy if you don't pay close attention. The Wire was like this too and why I never got through season 3.

Correct.  They found contracts that pertained to the land deals.  She saw the captain (Ray's old boss) at the party, among others.  Ties him in.

Remember, the 3 leads just want to know who killed Caspare.  Frank just wanted to know who squeezed him out, which he does now.  His money coming back into play (him getting it back) is perfect.

You are correct though, about getting messy w the plot.  I feel it was the same w season 1.  Everything important came out after some time had elapsed.  This season it was clear who was probably behind squeezing out Frank, but not completely on Caspare's killer.

Correct. They found contracts that pertained to the land deals. She saw the captain (Ray's old boss) at the party, among others. Ties him in.

Remember, the 3 leads just want to know who killed Caspare. Frank just wanted to know who squeezed him out, which he does now. His money coming back into play (him getting it back) is perfect.

You are correct though, about getting messy w the plot. I feel it was the same w season 1. Everything important came out after some time had elapsed. This season it was clear who was probably behind squeezing out Frank, but not completely on Caspare's killer.

Ok cool, that's what I figured. I like how Frank is relatiating. Kinda hope things don't go south for him.

You cheated yourself. Probably the greatest drama in the history of tv.

Sir I believe you're confusing The Wire with The Killing ;)

I still want to finish The Wire, the story in season 3 just got too convoluted for me. I have this problem with a lot of HBO series. I never finished Boardwalk Empire because of this and it's why I can't really get into Ballers either. Game of Thrones kinda does this too (talking about characters I can't remember or put a face on) but the episodes are usually more self-contained and they're dealing with issues there and then. Most of the HBO series I love follow that deal-with-it-head-on approach, like The Sopranos, and this last season of The Leftovers. I get distracted by other shit too easily. Maybe I should just turn my damn phone off and power through 'em.

F the haters.  I was giddy when Vince Vaughn started hatching his revenge and I was bummed when Angry Ex-Soldier kicked the bucket.  I kind of predicted it when he got away so easily- I thought he was going to get sniped from the shadows right when he walked across that beam of light toward the train ladder.  But nope.  It would come later.