Can you hear the difference between clear and black vinyl?

So I've noticed that clear vinyl sounds a lot more tinny and less bass heavy then solid black wax. Does anybody else notice that colored wax doesnt have such a good sound. I bought Colors by Between the Buried and Me on grey vinyl and it doesn't sound as good as my friends black copy (victory is my favorite label by the way). My pal at the record shop thinks my needle is dirty or maybe I have bad RCA plugs but I don't really know how to fix that so any help would be awesome guys.

Oh by the way, what about splatter and split vinyl? I mean splatter vinyl looks really cool but I wonder if it makes more pops and cracks. I mean the needle has to work harder to get over all the different colors. And I guess splits could be the same way but the pops and cracks would be twice every rotation when the needle goes over the edge. Well let me know what you think!

In before the lock.

What do you mean. I guess this looks like a funny post because its my first but rest assured I am real not a troll! I am setting up my profile now.

by the way I am not new to the hobby! I love collecting records. I just got a copy of Abandon All Ships new album and I am really digging it.

That is because "colored" variants are meant to be framed/displayed and black is meant to be played. It confused me at first when I started collecting, but if you notice most record stores always have black variants....it's because they are meant to be played and other colors (usually sold by bands/labels) are decor.