Conor Oberst - Upside Down Mountain (May 20th)

jipc

• 2 weeks later...

BhQ3bDKCAAE0zm8.jpg

Conor Oberst and Dawes will release a limited edition seven-inch for Record Store Day (Saturday, April 19). This exclusive split will feature Dawes covering the Bright Eyes song “Easy/Lucky/Free” and Conor Oberst covering Dawes’ “Million Dollar Bill.” More information on the release can be found via Record Store Day’s official website.

• 1 month later...

Preorder is live

http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/conor-oberst-new-album-upside-down-mountain-due-may-19-pre-order-download-two-tracks-2014-03-31

LP+ CD+ Print of the album art (and digital download of 2 singles) for $29+ shipping.

New song Governors Ball here

Have to find a way to preorder this.. its difficult to explain just how much I enjoy Oberst's music. Extremely excited for an actual solo release without the mystic valley bands somgwriting influence involved (dont get me wrong, I love Outer South and a few of my favorite songs ever written are on it. But self titled, which was less strongly influenced by tmvb, was so much more compelling as a whole.) Curious also to hear if this will still be laced with Mike's trademark production. Its odd that conor would make such an effort to shed the "Americana," "folk" style of bright eyes on their final (?) LP, stating how he so strongly longed to escape the circular twang of the bands discography, just to return to the style his solo releases with tmvb achieved. I guess he got enough a break from acoustics and folk styled compositions during the desaparecidos reunion. Regardless. This sounds fantastic and I am ecstatic.