Banner Pilot - Souvenir - 04/15/2014

toxicity

• 4 weeks later...

i guess this has leaked. I havent heard it myself, but my buddy who has it says it's closer to collapser?

I had the same thought listening to it. Actually it strikes me as half HBP and half Collapser with just enough new twists to keep it interesting. I've only listened once but it was fucking awesome. It's so nice to have one band I love who's totally dependable and doesn't think they have to gravitate further toward (mom &) pop rock with every release. Wish I hadn't been sleeping on the preorder.

I had the same thought listening to it. Actually it strikes me as half HBP and half Collapser with just enough new twists to keep it interesting. I've only listened once but it was fucking awesome. It's so nice to have one band I love who's totally dependable and doesn't think they have to gravitate further toward (mom &) pop rock with every release. Wish I hadn't been sleeping on the preorder.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm getting older and it takes some pretty good punk rock to get me interested in something new, and BP always delivers.

I also missed the pre-order (by about 20 minutes).  

Got my download last nite and listened to about half of it on my way to work today. Really good so far, I think I'll like this more than Heart Beats Pacific but probably not as much as Collapser or Resignation Day.

To me, this band does this type of punk rock better than just about everyone else.

The color variant looks really cool. I was expecting something like blue with black smoke for some reason... thought that would look good with the cover.

It looks like spilled oil that you'd see in a parking lot, but more brown. I'll post a picture later. Closest comparison I can make is this year's press of SLATFATS but they're not really that similar.

2euaVCh.jpg

This picture doesn't show the bits of purple and yellow that make it look like oil, but it does look super cool. I'm about four songs in and I have to say I don't really like it at all, though. I guess that's what I get for pre-ordering a band I had never listened to.

If anybody missed the color on this and would like it, send me a PM. I'd be happy to trade it to somebody who will enjoy it!