PO: American Football - American Football (Deluxe Edition) 2X 180g LP - Polyvinyl Early Bird

I know it's heresy but I still own zero copies of this.  I'll be watching this thread pretty closely.

You can still get a relatively cheap copy from their bandcamp.

Same and same. I guess I've just been holding out for a blue copy.

I think this will be a fancy repress though.

I want to say it's gonna be a 2xLP with like, outtakes and demos and live tracks and crap. I don't think they've been active at all, so unless they're springing a new album out of nowhere, what else could it be? If it's just a colored repress, man, who cares.

Basically what happened is the drummer found an old cassette of demos, unreleased material and polyvinyl remastered it and is releasing it either alone or as a deluxe version of the album.

Mike Kinsella did a podcast interview a few weeks back and said that it'd be released with the full length because most of the new stuff isn't complete songs and whatnot. I am eager to hear the old demos and whatever.

Looks like all of polyvinyl's 2lp albums are $18-20. Hopefully they'll stick with that. I'm not even sure if I'd rebuy the album for a disc of demos. Might stick to digital purchase, at first anyway. Then again, with polyvinyl's annual sales I'd probably be enticed to buy it eventually, regardless.