R.I.P. Bob Casale of Devo

Bummertown.

I would have posted a thread, but I honestly didn't think anyone here would care.

Ok, maybe a handful, but still.

It saddens me that Phillip Seymour Hoffman, albeit talented, gets five pages here and no one cares about someone who influenced so many bands and artists.

Devo are one of the greatest and most underrated bands of all time.

Devolution is very real. We're all Devo.

This is sad news. I was in high school when Devo was doing their thing.  We whipped it good.

Humans started 'devolving' as soon as we began helping the weak and infirm with modern medicine to be able to live and reproduce, who would have died otherwise. That's my whole life - anti-evolutionary (philosophy deleted, but Devo were all over that stuff). Way ahead of their time...

So ignored on these boards - totally expected.

Devo was one of those bands I ignored for a long time, then when I finally listened to them in high school or so, I was surprised that I had actually heard many of their songs before and enjoyed them. I still don't listen to them enough, but I understand their influence on music. They also originated about 2 hours from where I grew up, so that's cool.

• 1 month later...