Isis - Panopticon (Remaster)

Portsi

Listening now, and it's sounding super clean.  Everyone is grumbling over the prospect of this album being remastered, but I'm hearing nothing to gripe about whatsoever.

I agree. If you're going to complain about it being remastered, just don't bother picking it up.

Was just about to post here, Derek. I'm actually pretty upset cause I woke up today with excitement of ordering a vinyl copy of this. On their facebook, it just says "available from your favorite digital retailers". 

I mean, that's cool, but what the hell man. Aaron Turner is very pro-vinyl, so I feel like I've been let down. 

Was just about to post here, Derek. I'm actually pretty upset cause I woke up today with excitement of ordering a vinyl copy of this. On their facebook, it just says "available from your favorite digital retailers". 

I mean, that's cool, but what the hell man. Aaron Turner is very pro-vinyl, so I feel like I've been let down. 

I'm hoping it will be up for pre-order today. I've been waiting too, they've kind of been keeping us in the dark about this except for when it was first announced.

I just figured it got pushed back, I know Aaron Turner loves vinyl as much as he loves milking the Isis cash cow, so I would be surprised if it wasn't released on vinyl.

I could email someone I know who is buddies with Turner, but I don't know if that would really accomplish anything.

Yeah, seriously puzzling.  Unless I'm missing something, I haven't even seen an announcement from the band or label via Facebook, etc.  Even if the [theoretical] vinyl is delayed, I'd at least expect a "Hey everyone, the Panopticon remaster drops today.  Stay tuned for pre-order info somewhere down the road" post from someone, somewhere.

I really really hope its not just a remaster with a digital booklet and no physical copy. I have seen it before so I wouldn't be surprised. I just find it strange that they never said anything at all, not even a "check later". Only the "its available now! from your digital stores!" I hope I am wrong.....

I really really hope its not just a remaster with a digital booklet and no physical copy. I have seen it before so I wouldn't be surprised. I just find it strange that they never said anything at all, not even a "check later". Only the "its available now! from your digital stores!" I hope I am wrong.....

That would be fairly bogus. I've never seen that, personally, but I don't doubt that it's happened. I read on Facebook that their drummer [Aaron Harris?] confirmed physical copies down the road. No specific mention of vinyl, however.

That would be fairly bogus. I've never seen that, personally, but I don't doubt that it's happened. I read on Facebook that their drummer [Aaron Harris?] confirmed physical copies down the road. No specific mention of vinyl, however.

I hope so. I only have one Isis album and was pretty excited to get this today. Please everyone keep this post updated if something gets posted. I will keep an eye also.

on IG, Aaron Harris was hawking the remaster drop today. I guess he had his multi-talented fingers and ears involved in remastering this, and imho the music he has a hand in mixing (edit A; i know there is a difference between mixing/mastering/producing/engineering, etc.) and posts on twitter has been very, very well done.

He was asked any formats besides digital and he answered "physical." [eventually] Not content with this answer several people asked specifically "vinyl" and he never answered.  We know there are CDs. 

I love ISIS, and Panopticon, but don't see myself splurging on another copy, quite content with my 6th press black playing copy which sounds great.

edit B: on FB he does say there will be vinyl but the plants are backed up on orders

Would have been nice to pick up the most recent Robotic Empire repress that came shortly after their 2011 Oceanic remaster/repress. Didn't that version of Panopticon have a heavy as shit jacket like the aforementioned Oceanic?

Hmm, the one my friend gave me doesn't have a 'heavy as shit' jacket. It does sound pretty good though. Maybe I don't have the one you're referring to :(

edit B: on FB he does say there will be vinyl but the plants are backed up on orders

Thanks for the info! 

I really have been lusting for a 1st press of this album though, with the original artwork.

Hmm, the one my friend gave me doesn't have a 'heavy as shit' jacket. It does sound pretty good though. Maybe I don't have the one you're referring to :(

Thanks for the info! 

I really have been lusting for a 1st press of this album though, with the original artwork.

I love my 2nd press, I wouldn't trade it for a 1st press, except for maybe a clear w/ smoke but even so I think the color matches the album and artwork perfectly.

any sign of the remaster on FLAC somewhere? All I see is the iTunes link on their facebook page

I believe iTunes and Spotify are the only places it's available at the moment.  Bit of a bummer.  I don't personally listen to FLAC, but I'd gladly take a copy to convert into 320.  We'll have to wait until someone gets a physical copy, though.

• 3 weeks later...